New CoD: Black Ops Xbox 360 patch live, PS3 patch coming March 3
Josh Olin, Treyarch’s community guy has revealed that a new title update for the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops has gone live and a PS3 patch will be released on March 3rd.
He conveyed this news, via a tweet:
A new Title Update for the Xbox 360 just went live. Check the forums for details. PS3 Patch drops 3/3 with #FirstStrike.
Here is the full list of changes and new features that this update has bought with it:
- • Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
- • The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
- • Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
- • Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
- • Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
- • Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
- • Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
• Additional security feature updates.
- • Additional sniper rifle tuning.
A PC patch should also be following suit soon.