Square Enix Details Dragon Quest X Beta
Square Enix has detailed the Dragon Quest X beta and it will accept signups in November. They opened a new website for the beta, which you can check out over here. Square Enix wants people who live in Japan, they listed their entire requirements, which you can check out below.
News Via Andriasang. If you are accepted you get the Wii Beta disc along with the USB memory card. You can also read the FAQ here.
- Those who will actively test the game and report bugs
- Those who have a Wii and a method of connecting Wii to the internet
- Those with Square Enix Members accounts
- Those who live in Japan
- You can create a character from any one of the five tribes. Everyone starts from the same location, but you can expand out from there.
- The beta test will allow you to play a bit of the story prologue and face off against some of the bosses, but they’re making it so that you can’t progress in the story. For the story, you’ll have to pick up the retail version of the game.
- You’re not supposed to tell other people about the beta or post images or movies.
- The character you create for the beta test will most likely not be usable in the final version of the game.
- Beta testers will get a special Drackey cap as a bonus (see the screenshot below)
- There is no time limit for applying to be a beta tester. Square Enix will continue accepting applications even after the start of the test, and will periodically hold drawings to add more people.
- Admission is not based on first-apply-first-in