Trinigy Launches Vision Game Engine For NGP
Trinigy have announced the immediate availability of the Vision Game Engine for the next generation portable entertainment system (codename: NGP) from Sony.
“With the Vision Game Engine, developing a graphically rich, highly immersive game for NGP is no different than building a game for PlayStation3, Xbox360, or PC,” said Dag Frommhold, managing director at Trinigy. “Because of the Vision Game Engine’s flexibility, developers can use the same tools environment, the same asset types, the same game code, and many of the same graphical effects, which is an incredible advantage in an environment with so many different development platforms.”
Key Vision Game Engine for NGP features include:
- Familiar editing environment and toolset– access the same tools, the same asset types, the same game code and many of the same graphics effects across all supported platforms.
- Optimized character skinning system for NGP– allows for efficient rendering of detailed characters with very high polygon and bone counts.
- Full support for cross-platform and platform-specific texture formats– offers a straightforward workflow and easy porting of existing content, while providing high-loading performance and platform-specific content optimizations, where required.
- Multithreading system– takes full advantage of NGP’s CPU cores for animations, mesh deformation, particle simulation, physics, visibility determination, and more.
- Highly efficient rendering– efficient rendering system minimizes CPU load.
- Optimized shader/shader constant handling– includes full cross-platform compatibility.
- Comprehensive support for NGP’s user interface–includes multi-touch as well as support for dual analog sticks.
- Fully featured graphics technology– includes normal/parallax maps, specular maps, dynamic lighting, post-processing effects and more.
- Pricing and Availability
The Vision Game Engine SDK for NGPis available now. Special early adopter pricing is available to qualified developers of NGP titles. For standard pricing, please visit: http://www.trinigy.net/en/licensing.
Source: Press Release