Xbox Preview Gets Rebranded To Xbox Insider, Gets New Functionality
Microsoft have announced that the Xbox Preview program – their Early Access program that lets users play games and go hands on with system updates early before their actual release – will be getting rebranded to Xbox Insider. It also seems like the program will be getting expanded to reflect and do justice to is new name.
The new changes will be made available to some Xbox Preview members who have so far been the most active at providing feedback. Over the new few weeks, they should be made available to everyone. If you fall under the purview of active Xbox Preview members, then your app should update automatically overnight.
Xbox Insider will soon be made open to everyone as well, instead of being invite based as it is right now. You can check out the full list of changes coming to the program for yourself below:
- A new name — the Xbox Insider Hub
- Personalized to give you more relevant announcements, quests, and Insider content opportunities to get early access to select games and apps
- A new UI, inspired by the New Xbox One Experience, makes it easier to find the right info and provide more robust feedback
- The Xbox Insider profile card where your contributions in the program come front and center
- Support for multiple users on a console to participate and provide feedback