A Plague Tale: Requiem is bigger than its predecessor, and that extends to the sheer number of collectibles available. There are Souvenirs, Hugo’s Herbariums, Knives, Secret Chests, Tool Chests, and Old Protector’s Items to locate along with the Secret Armor.
Let’s look over each collectible type below:
- Souvenirs – When exploring specific paths, inspecting items, or playing mini-games, certain conversations will occur. These are Souvenirs, and there are 21 in total to unlock.
- Hugo’s Herbariums – These consist of five Flowers and seven Feathers.
- Knives – Knives are used to kill enemies, but are also mandatory for opening Secret Chests. Depending on the difficulty level, fewer knives will spawn in the game. Save them for the Secret Chests, but be careful as you’ll automatically use one to avoid a death blow. When this happens, restart from the last checkpoint. There are 16 Knives on Narrative difficulty.
- Tool Chests – As the name implies, they contain Tools used for upgrading equipment. There are 24, but you can obtain an additional 10 Tools from the Secret Chests.
- Secret Chests – Along with containing Tools, Secret Chests are workbenches used for crafting and upgrading your gear. There are 10 Secret Chests in total.
- Old Protector’s Items – These are found only in Chapter 9 (specifically in the Sub-Chapter: Phoenix). You’ll discover various objects that can be interacted with in many rooms. There are 16 in total.
Check out PowerPyx’s video guide below for the locations of all the collectibles.
How to Get the Secret Armor
The Secret Armor is more of a Bracer, but it’s super valuable, allowing Amicia to recover from enemy attacks faster. It’s located in Chapter 9 upon exiting the courtyard. You’ll enter a large field with multiple windmills. First, you must disable the first two windmills and turn on the fourth windmill. Since the third is already enabled, you don’t need to do anything with it.
Each windmill has puzzles that need to be solved. They’re straightforward, from pulling objects blocking an entrance to using the sling to shoot through an opening and open a door.
Once you’re done, look for a path between the second and third windmills. There will be three arches that lead to a cave (look for a hole in the ground with a ladder going down). Go inside, and you’ll find the Bracer. Make sure to open the surrounding chests as well for Tools. For more details on solving the puzzle, check out PowerPyx’s video below.
Check out our official review of A Plague Tale: Requiem here. It’s out now for Xbox Series X/S, PS5, PC, and Nintendo Switch (via the cloud).