Nintendo have provided updated figures for hardware and software sales as of March 31, 2021 in their latest quarterly financial report, with the Switch having sold nearly 85 million units worldwide and a number of Super Mario games enjoying strange sales in the previous quarter. Of course, sales figures for some of the Switch’s evergreen highly successful games have also been updated.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons continues to be a major hit, to no one’s surprise, and has now sold a total of 32.63 million untis. Meanwhile, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also refusing to slow down, and is still the Switch’s highest selling game, with 35.39 million units sold. In fact, during the previous quarter (January-March), it outsold Animal Crossing as well.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has sold over 23.8 million units worldwide, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild continues to exhibit strong legs, with cumulative sales standing at 22.28 million units. Meanwhile, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, are still among the Switch’s highest selling games.
Here are the top 10 highest selling first party Nintendo Switch games, as of March 31, 2021.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 35.39 million units
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 32.63 million units
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 23.84 million units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 22.28 million units
- Pokemon Sword and Shield – 21.10 million units
- Super Mario Odyssey – 20.83 million units
- Super Mario Party – 14.79 million units
- Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! – 13.28 million units
- Splatoon 2 – 12.21 million units
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 10.44 million units