Meanwhile, the Trials of Mana remake enjoys a solid debut.
Famitsu’s weekly hardware and software charts for Japan are in, and come with a few surprises, and a few things that are the opposite of surprises. For instance, Animal Crossing: New Horizons still holding on to the top spot with a healthy lead is not surprise at all. Its sales numbers are pretty much at the same level they were last week, and the Switch exclusive maintains a healthy lead over the game trailing it.
That game is debutant Trials of Mana. The remake occupies both, second and third places in the top 10, with the PS4 version selling over 80,000 copies, and the Switch version selling over 70,000. This, of course, means that Square Enix’s fellow recently released RPG remake Final Fantasy 7 Remake has been pushed down to No. 4, though with over 65,000 copies sold, it’s figures are steady. Meanwhile, two more debutants in the top 10 are The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero at No. 7 with nearly 11,000 units sold, and Predator: Hunting Grounds at tenth place, selling over 9,000 copies.
On the hardware front, the Switch has seen a massive boost in sales, presumably because of restocking. With over 107,000 units sold across the week, it becomes the top-selling console of the week once more. The PS4 sales are steady though, with over 33,000 units moved.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts from Japan for the week ending April 26 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
01. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 283.913 / 3.895.159
02. [PS4] Trials of Mana – 80.383 / NEW
03. [NSW] Trials of Mana – 70.114 / NEW
04. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 65.569 / 839.074
05. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.264 / 2.897.849
06. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 12.351 / 778.943
07. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero – Kai – 10.979 / NEW
08. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 9.636 / 3.665.504
09. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 9.377 / 1.416.280
10. [PS4] Predator: Hunting Grounds – 9.172 / NEW
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 107,104 (27,874)
PS4 – 33,056 (34,500)
3DS – 1,784 (1,571)
Xbox One – 242 (53)