Apex Legends’ Spellbound Collection Event is now live. Along with the return of Control, where two teams of nine players fight for zone control (with unlimited respawns), 24 limited-time cosmetics have been added. These include new Legendary skins for Vantage, Mad Maggie, Mirage, and Seer. Seer also the Showstoppers, a new Heirloom item unlocked after collecting all the event cosmetics.
Aside from the time-limited content, several balance changes are also live. The G7 Scout and CAR SMG enter the crafter while the Spitfire and Peacekeeper are found on the floor. The G7 Scout has seen a nerf, going from 34 to 32 damage, while the Prowler Burst PDW deals 15 damage instead of 14.
The Sentinel sniper rifle also sees a nice buff, requiring only one Shield Cell to energize instead of two. New players get ten new Welcome Challenges for helping to learn the game. Completing all of these provides the Apex 101 badge as a reward. Check out the balance changes below and full patch notes here.
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.