ARMS Update 3.2 Now Available, Adds Replays, Achievements, and Character and Arms Balance Fixes
This is a pretty hefty update.
Nintendo’s post launch support for ARMS has been admirable, just like their post launch support for Splatoon and Splatoon 2. And now, the latest big update for their Switch exclusive fighting game, ARMS 3.2, is available.
This update actually brings a lot to the table- it continues to tweak the game’s controls, which were eccentric and controversial for a lot of fans (a previous update added the option to remap controls); it adds replays, and it also adds a brand new in game achievements system (which is a bit sad, because it does seem to indicate that Nintendo might not be working on a system-wide achievement system- at least not any time soon).
There are also a lot of character and ARMS specific balance patches and fixes. The patch notes for this update are hefty- so make sure to check them out for yourself below (and check out the character specific updates on Nintendo’s website). ARMS is available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
Added new “Badge” feature.
- Receive neat badges as a reward for fulfilling certain conditions.
- Wear your favorite badge and show it off to your opponent.
Added new “Recent Replays” feature.
- Select from a list and view replays of past matches.
- Replay data is automatically deleted when necessary, starting with the oldest data.
- Also, future ARMS updates will cause all replay data from past versions to be deleted.
- During replay playback, ZR will no longer switch between targets. The X button instead is used for all camera angle switching.
- During replay playback, + – buttons no longer toggle HP gauge display, and instead now bring up the menu.
- Fixed issue where, at certain timings, follow up attacks after wind attacks would not land.
- Fixed issue where, after suffering an ice attack, players on a snake board could repeatedly jump and the snake board would continuously accelerate.
- Fixed issue where, when battle rules are set to 1-punch KO, under certain conditions fighters would become unable to move.
- We’ve identified an interloper who has been disrupting the Grand Prix, going after our fiercest competitors. If encountered, we advise you to dispatch them with prejudice.
- Adjusted the abilities of certain fighters and ARMS as follows.