Another brand new fighter.
To Nintendo’s credit, they have drastically picked up the pace of updates for their fighting game ARMS, which initially saw a trickle of new content after launch, in the last few months. Just weeks after the last major update, update 4.0, hit, we already have a new one.
Update 4.1’s version number might make it seem like it’s actually a minor or incremental one- but it actually brings a fair few to the table, including new Achievements, as well as a new fighter (Springton, who’s like a Dark Spring Man). That apart, there are also changes made to the game’s balance, which you can check out for yourself here.
Releasing in June this year, ARMS was a new Nintendo IP, a 3D fighting arena by the Mario Kart team, that launched exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. You can check out the full patch notes, sans the balance updates, for yourself below.
· The mysterious new fighter “Springtron” can now be selected.
· New badges added.
· Added support for traditional and simplified Chinese. You can switch your language in system settings.
· Fixed issue in online play where immediately after time runs out guarding would be cancelled not allowing players to defend post-time attacks.
· Fixed issue in Ranked Match where certain fighters’ voices could be heard prior to the start of the match.
· Adjusted abilities of some fighters and ARMS as below.