Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass and Free DLC Content Detailed
Supernatural enemies, Horde mode and daily quests are coming to the open world title.
Ubisoft has revealed the post-launch content that will be coming to Assassin’s Creed Origins, both in the form of paid DLC via the Season Pass and with free DLC. The Season Pass will cost $39.99 and will include two story expansions that will launch in 2018.
The first story expansion is called The Hidden Ones which takes place years after the base story and sees the Brotherhood fight against a Roman military soldiers. The second DLC is called The Curse of the Pharaohs where the player will fight undead Pharaohs, encounter Anubis warriors and scorpios, and other supernatural causes. The first DLC is out in January 2018 while the second DLC arrives in March 2018.
Also, players can use Photo Mode for capturing in-game images. Interestingly, there will also be a Horde Mode where players battle waves of enemies. It will be out in early 2018 along with the Discovery Tour which eschews the combat in favour of more historical exploration.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is out on October 27th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. For more information on the Season Pass and upcoming free content, see below.
Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass DLC
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits: Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon: the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
Assassin’s Creed Origins Free DLC
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.