Electronic Arts and DICE have revealed the first trailer and details for Battlefield 2042’s Hazard Zone. Set in the year 2040, it focuses on retrieving data drives from crashed satellites, and then extracting. It’s easier said than done though with enemy forces, from AI-controlled enemies to other players, also competing for the same. Check out the trailer below.
Each match consists of 32 players on Xbox Series X/S, PS5 and PC (24 players on previous gen consoles). From the Mission Area screen, players must decide which region to explore. Some may have a higher probability of containing data drives but also has more enemies. Upon obtaining data drives, you can decide to stay and earn more, potentially risking your haul for greater rewards or extract.
Each squad has four Specialists and players can purchase different weapons and equipment using Dark Market Credits (earned from drives collected at the end of Hazard Zone matches). You can also equip different Tactical Upgrades. There will be 15 at launch – check out some of them below:
- Extra Throwable – Carry +1 of your selected throwable Gadget.
- Insider Information – Show the landing position of crashing capsules 30 seconds before they arrive.
- Loadout Insurance – Reimburse 25% of upgrades and Loadout cost if you die.
- Negotiated Bounty – +50% Dark Market Credits bounty when killing Opposing Forces
- Quickdraw Holster – Swap between weapons 15% faster
If this all wasn’t enough, you also have to deal with a storm that’s covering the entire map as time goes on. You will have Uplinks on the field though which can provide the following benefits:
- Support Uplink – Give your squad a Ranger Call-in
- Vehicle Uplink – Give your squad a LATV4 Recon Call-in
- Redeploy Uplink – Give your squad a squad redeploy Call-in.
Based on the number of data drives gathered, players can also earn XP for their level and Battle Pass. There’s also an Extraction Streak which reduces the overall cost of weapons and items if you extract continuously as a particular Specialist. Be careful though, as failing to extract will cause the bonus to disappear.
Hazard Zone will go live on November 19th with Battlefield 2042. Stay tuned for more details shortly.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)