After years in development, Experiment 101’s Biomutant didn’t have quite the critical response that many were expecting. Nevertheless, the developer is working to improve the experience, promising a patch for the difficulty, narrator settings and more. Patch 1.4 is currently live and provides a number of different fixes and improvements.
Key among these is the tutorial area which now has more early enemy counters and some loot to the trenches outside of Jagni Fortress. Several dialogue fragments, parts from Goop and Gizmo’s dialogues and multiple camera presentations were also removed to improve the pacing. The amount of gibberish spoken by NPCs before the Narrator begins translating has also been reduced.
For those who don’t want to hear both, there are options for “Gibberish” and “Narrator” that allows for hearing only one or both. If you seek a tougher challenge, then the Extreme difficulty is worth checking out. Damage caused by enemies is increased and the rate at which they attack is further increased. Check out the full patch notes on Reddit for more details.
- Fixed crash with AMD-based CPUs with built-in graphics.
- Fixed crash when device info contains invalid display data on AMD-based CPUs.
In order to improve the pacing of the early parts of the game, we’ve edited dialogues to be shorter. We’ve also added more enemies and loot to these areas to better represent the experience later in the game.
- Added more early enemy encounters.
- Added missing loot in empty trenches outside Jagni Fortress.
- Added Item drop chance for Bunker 101 crates.
- Updated Best-Before memory to decrease the distance between the Nonos and the Pensai tree.
- Removed some parts of Out-of-Date and Best-Before’s dialogues to improve pacing.
- Removed multiple dialogue fragments to shorten tutorial area length.
- Removed some parts of Goop and Gizmo’s dialogues to improve pacing.
- Removed multiple camera presentations to improve pacing.
Dialogue & Narrator
- Reduced the amount of gibberish spoken before the Narrator starts translating.
- Added dialogue setting toggles for “Gibberish” and “Narrator” allowing players to select if they want to hear the narrator, the gibberish or both when talking to NPCs.
- Fixed narration and gibberish playing silently and producing an awkward pause when each corresponding volume setting is set to 0 instead of skipping the sound entirely.
- Removed the text delay animation when either gibberish or narration is disabled.