Borderlands 3 Maliwan Takedown is Live – More Bank Slots, Mayhem 4 Added
Balance changes have also been made to Moze’s Iron Bear, FL4K’s pets and more.
Gearbox Software’s massive patch for Borderlands 3 is now live. It adds the Maliwan Takedown mission which sees players infiltrating a Blacksite and battling a powerful boss. Balanced for level 50 players, the Takedown disables respawns so gear up properly before heading in (and grab a team while you’re at it).
Other content added with the patch includes Mayhem 4 which increases enemy health, shields and armor. As a result, there’s now only one positive and negative modifier. Loot drop chances have increased though and there are new Legendaries to earn. The update also heavily buffs bank space, giving players 300 total slots to store gear.
Bosses also have dedicated loot pools now so if there’s a specific weapon you want, farm the corresponding boss until your eyes bleed. Of course, the update also makes some much needed balance changes for Moze’s Iron Bear, FL4K’s pets and so on to ensure they’re endgame-viable. Check out the full patch notes here. For new players, Borderlands 3 is free to play on Xbox One and PS4 through the weekend.
NOTES FOR PATCH 4
Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite
- Lorelei has recruited the Vault Hunters to destroy a top-secret weapon Maliwan has been developing at their Blacksite. You and your squad should prepare for an extreme challenge because this content is balanced for four players at level 50. You can gain access to the Blacksite via a mission found on Sanctuary III after completing the main campaign with that character.
- Takedowns feature special rules not found in the rest of the game! Respawning is disabled, so make sure you and your co-op partners get Second Wind or you’ll spectate until the team wipes. If you do die, you’re not out permanently! Die during the first half, you’ll get to rejoin your team if they defeat the Valkyrie Squad. If you’re out the second half, but your team manages to defeat Wotan The Invincible, you’ll get to respawn to enjoy the rewards you didn’t completely earn!
- Make sure your squad is in the session before you throw the switch inside the Air Lock, or anyone who joins after the switch is thrown joins as a spectator!
- Mayhem 4 is here for players looking for the toughest challenge in the game! Mayhem 4 adds another increase to enemy health, increases the loot drop chances, and adds a set of new Legendaries! Because the health value greatly increased, Mayhem 4 also slightly adjusts the random modifier system. Mayhem 4 will only roll one positive modifier for the player and one enemy bonus modifier. We want players to try different builds without severely hampering their ability to take down enemies in Mayhem 4. Note that Mayhem 1-3 are unchanged.
- In addition to increasing enemy health and adjusting the modifiers, Mayhem 4 contains new Legendary weapons and class mods for players to hunt. These new pieces of gear will contribute to new builds and new ways to kill enemies!
- To support Mayhem 4, we changed the Mayhem station slightly. Players will activate Mayhem through the center pillar and increase or decrease Mayhem levels by using the pillars on each side. Looking forward, we will monitor the challenge of Mayhem 4 closely. We’re working hard on Mayhem 2.0, which will add brand new gameplay additions to Mayhem Mode in the future. Until then, we hope you enjoy the challenge and new loot!
All characters now begin the game with 20 bank slots instead of 10. The existing Bank SDUs will give everyone a total of 100 available spaces. An additional 10 Bank SDUs are available to purchase in Marcus’s shop on Sanctuary III using the in-game cash currency, each awarding 20 spaces, for a grand total of 300 total bank spaces!
Dedicated Loot Pools for Bosses
All bosses have been updated with new loot pools that give them dedicated Legendary items to drop. Players can now discover which bosses drop their favorite gear and more easily farm their favorite items. Let the hunt begin!