Bugsnax Brings PS5/PS4 Save Transfer And More With Latest Update
The bizarre little game gets a much desired feature.
Last year saw the launch of new generation consoles and alongside that was quite the diverse amount of games both big and small. One of those was Bugsnax, an adventure survival game filled with animals that are food and food that are animals. Or something. It launched alongside Sony’s PS5, but also came to PS4 and now the latest update will let those users transfer upward.
The new update, 1.06, is live now and the big feature it brings is the ability to transfer saves between the PS4 and PS5 versions of the games. If you recall, the PS5 Bugsnax was given away for PS Plus at the launch of the system. So if you redeemed it but have only been able to play the PS4 version, you can now transfer without issue. There’s also various other things here, such additional save protections and some improved gameplay tweaks. You can see the full patch notes below (via Twisted Voxel).
Bugsnax is available now for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC. While no other platforms have been announced, the developer has said they would love to port it to other systems.
- Added ability to transfer saves online between PS4 and PS5 skus of Bugsnax.
- Added additional save data backup to protect against instances of potential save data corruption.
- Dialogue text ‘Wait’ mode added to Settings->Game for extending text display time until button press.
- Ability to change player fur color in Pause menu under Settings->Game during gameplay.
- Ability to change screen shake intensity in Settings->Game.
- Overwriting a save in the New Game screen now requires pressing a separate button to avoid accidental deletion.
- Fix for master volume affecting some environmental sounds more than others.
- Added statues to re-summon Legendary Bugsnax and replay them after completing the quest.
- Improve reactiveness of Tripwire.
- Player holding handnet animation now plays when approaching vulnerable snak.
- Eggabell will now remain in Frosted Peak after completing her questline.
- Updates to inaccurate journal descriptions and tags.
- Assorted fixes for stuck Bugsnax/Grumpuses, lingering/missing objects, and other oddities.
- Fix for bug paths not showing up in the Snax Scope if you scan and then quickly close the scope.
- Fixes for some issues with Barn Donations.
- Reduce Sodie spray particle count and translucency for performance gains.