A veritable mine of multiplayer info has become available for Treyarch’s next.
A virtual flood of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer details has been posted by beta testers of the game, most probably due to NDAs being lifted. Regardless, these details, comprised of tweets, have been compiled by Black Ops 2 community member datmexicanguy. Check them all out below.
– One thing I’ll say without you asking is if you expect to get scorestreaks in obj games from just slaying, you’re gonna have a bad time.
– The Remington shotty is like the stakeout. Except it’s good. Great range, 8 shots, 1 shot kills fee days.
– Sniping is CoD4 status. Ballista iron sights are ROUGH. A lot harder than WaW unscoped bolts.
– YY is back. Exactly like BO1.
– Multi Team Deathmatch. Is. Fucking. Fun. Played it 3 teams of four on a tiny map. It was straight up bananas. Nonstop action.
– Hard point will be where the montage guys go. It’s very similar to drop zone, just no care packages.
– 32 layers for emblem editor. Artists will have fun.
– The prestige icons are legit. I think you will all agree.
– 10th prestige is a flaming gold skull with a burn mark (if I remember correctly).
– I still think a lot of people will run Ghost, but not as many as BO1. Pick 10 really changes the game. Lots. Of. Variety.
– Sensitivity now scales differently. 1-14. If you play on 5 now, for example, it translates to about 7 in this game. I love this feature.
– To be more specific about sensitivity. 14 is now the highest, but it’s the equivalent to what 10 is now. Lets you fine tune your choice.
– SMG’s suffer a LOT of damage drop off, but are lethal up close. They did a good job catering each gun class to its actual role.
– Sound whoring. Footsteps seem a little louder than BO1, but the game itself has a lot more going on that drowns it out.
– Rapid Fire on the SMG’s is leeeethal. However, past a very short range they are highly ineffective. Nice balance there.
– The MMS (X-Ray scope) was good, but not OP. Only works if people aren’t moving.
– The Thermal Scope, for once, is awesome. Green background, players highlighted in orange, can still see them fine if they’re Cold Blooded.
– I’ve played 100+ hours of #BlackOps2 multiplayer and 25+ hours of #BlackOps2 zombies over the past month.
– And my NDA has been lifted, so I can answer any questions you guys have, apart from some MP maps and Zombies. Those are still top secret 😀
– Rejoin last played lobby ON [OFF] – This is a feature. You’re welcome YouTubers. You can now find your perfect lobby with ease.
– There is no nuke, MOAB, or hidden killstreak.
– Time to kill is a nice medium between MW3/BO1
– Tons of epic new camos: carbon fiber, cherry blossom, skulls, gold, and hidden ones. Can be put on primaries, secondaries, riot, launchers
– DSR50, not the Ballista, will be the sniper weapon of choice.
– Zombies has 3 modes as of now: Tranzit, Survival, Grief.
– Tranzit: Expansive map, story mode. Bus takes you to 5 different areas. What you saw in the trailer yesterday
– Survival: Same regular zombies. One area, last as long as possible.
– Grief: 4z4. Humans vs Humans vs Zombies. Humans cannot kill each other, but can “fuck with each other” thru traps/grief events.
– All the weapons are super balanced. Nothing is too OP at this point in time. I do have my favs, you’ll see them in my class setup videos.
– Some maps are interactive. Cargo has moving shipment crates. Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns. Pretty cool.
– Lightening strike is everything an airstrike should have been in CoD. Three point target, drops bombs immediately. Very minor delay.
– When you prestige, weapon and challenge progression DO NOT reset.
– Prestige emblems are the best out of any CoD thus far.
– 10th prestige is a flaming skull with half of its face burned. Kinda like two face.
– Sensitivity: now 1-14. 14 is the same as 10 in previous games. More tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sens even more.
– Zombies: you can do head shots only, magic items off (mystery box, perk machines), and you can elect to start at round 1, 5, 10, 15, or 20.
– You no longer have to hold X to pick up Combat Axes, you just have to walk over them. That + Scavenger replenishing = epic. @ONLYUSEmeBLADE
– Theater mode has dolly cam, in-lobby game save feature, and new “highlight” feature. With the press of a button, it will cut together all of your killing/objective events in said game into a highlight reel.
– Emblem editor: 32 layers, color wheel, infinitely more shapes/graphics, can adjust transparency.
– BlackOps2 has one of the best spawn systems I’ve seen. Not too quick to flip, never got spawned in front of somebody.
– Best pistol: Beretta. 3-round burst, like the Raffica from MW2
– You can play combat training and earn multiplayer XP. Can only rank up to level 10 though.
– There’s a moustache reticle in #BlackOps2
– Yes, gold camo returns in #BlackOps2. Gold primaries, gold pistols, gold crossbow, gold launchers, gold riot shields.
– Objective markers DO fade out when you’re aiming down site at them. Just like in BO1.
– The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is HORREBDOUS. You have to be point blank.
– League play is being heavily emphasized by Treyarch. Your league ranking and medal will be on your playercard.
– Prestige icons are the best looking they’ve ever been. This will be the first time I prestige in a long long time.
– Black Ops 2, IMO, feels more like MW3. Only difference is player movement is slower then before. Game felt very smooth.
– The league play icons will literally MAKE YOU want to be in the highest league. Seeing that icon next to your name will add much motivation.
– Tons of new camos. Ronin, Carbon Fiber, Skulls, Art of War…just to name a few. More info on that later from me.
– Every weapon, perk, attachment, and score streak has a counter. The game is very balanced. They put a lot of though into it.
– Sniping is fun, but challenging. The Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill. Will be hard for most snipers to get used to.
– The DSR-50 is the best sniper IMO, also looks badass with an amazing sound to it.
– Recoil. There is significant recoil in Black Ops 2. Gun WILL take skill.
– Theater now allows you to spectate FIRST PERSON POV of every player in your lobby. Big improvements made.
– Reticle customization has never been so lucrative. Treyarch had fun with it and add plenty of reticles just for the lulz.
– The eSports initiative is very important to Treyarch and they are offering unbelievable support for our community #LeaguePlay
– With the new Pick 10 system, there will be DEFINED player roles once again. Slayers, support, objective…etc.
– There is a mustache reticle in Black Ops 2, trust me, that had a lot of fun with the game. Such awesome guys over at @Treyarch studios.
– Jump shooting in Black Ops 2 didn’t feel too beneficial. Drop shooting on the other hand felt amazing. We’ll see how it feels with time…
– In my honest opinion, League Play will be the single most impacting feature added to Black Ops 2 #TheFutureIsBlack
– Aim assist still exists for snipers. Time to put that rumor to bed. Like I said, sniping is challenging, still fun though.
– Time overtime rounds are automatically added to Capture the Flag. Perfect for the competitive guys, 2 sided domination as well.
– You can bring multiple people in your theater lobby to show off your clips. They really thought of everything.
– High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get. If you play for KD, play the objective. You’ll look ridiculous with half the score as the OBJ guy.
– As it stands, I can see all of us hating UV rays by the first week. The Guardian is extremely useful and annoying. Also nets easy points.
– Fast Hands is a must for combat axes and C4s. Throwing fast is deadly. C4 is dirty, just ask @codblack1ce
– IMHO, GHOST will be overused. It’s powerful, and UAVs are the first scorestreak unlock. Lots of UAVs will be ran, especially for assist pts.
– Hunter Killer is the new RCXD. Get ready to pull your hair out.
– Back to Ghost – it might be overused, but you won’t get your streaks trying to avoid the objective. You get mad pts for team playing.
– Skorpion EVO II is dirty. Very fast rate of fire and controllable. MSMC is nice, very similar to COD4 AK74U. I can see Laser getting a nerf.
– Other SMGs were cool, nothing really clicked though. MP7 isn’t like MW3’s. The recoil felt way too different. Vector was OK.
– Assault Rifles – I love the AN94, similar to an AK47. Type 25 is very accurate, M27 is good but weak.
– Select Fire attachment – Works good for burst to auto guns, really a waste on auto to burst guns since you can just tap trigger
– Awareness counters Dead Silence, which is good. The issue is that your audio is enhanced with non-DS users. This takes some getting used to.
– Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills, though.
– Shotguns – S12 is like a SPAS, good. KSG hitmarkers like MW3, Remington is like a more reliable Stakeout, M1216 is a 4burst AA12
– I noticed significantly more hitmarkers while trying to Sandy people with the Remington. Use Laser to nosc, Long Barrel to get range
– If I had to recommend a class for TDM – MSMC ext mags, laser, Ghost/Hardline, Scavenger, Dead Silence, Semtex, Conc nade x2
– Scorestreaks for leveling up – UAV, cUAV, Hunter/Guardian/Lightning Strike for mad assist points, constant flow of score and obj play
– Scorestreaks for that perfect TDM lobby – UAV then Stealth Chopper into Warthog, Dogs, Swarm.
– Ballistic Knife – less drop it seems like, shot is instant (no delay like BO), low knife recovery, Replenish by walking over
– Spawns seem just like BO but less touchy. You can trap like the good old days in Domination. Takes 1 bozo to ruin it for the rest, though.
– Multi-Team can be played in TDM, Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint. I think 4 teams (?) max of 12 players.
– What else? The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.
– Biggest surprise is that @Optic_nadeshot thinks the LMGs are LEGIT. He thinks that the competitive guys will use them. I think he’s nuts.
– Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest.