Treyarch has released a new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 across all platforms. It brings changes to a few items, like the 9-Bang and Cluster Grenade, while resolving issues in Blackout and Zombies. The developer has said that it was “working hard” on its next major update, which will have “our first major Multiplayer weapons tuning pass based on all of the data collected since launch”.
That update will go live next week (and also seek to improve the audio system in Blackout). As for this one, it improves stability in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies. For Multiplayer, the Thresher’s fire rate and projectile speed has been improved. An exploit in Morocco where players could go under the map has also been fixed. The Killstreak Sniper’s Nest also has increased fire rate and duration now.
Meanwhile, the 9-Bang and Cluster Grenade now have a reduced inventory stack size in Blackout, going from from 2 to 1. The 9-Bang itself has been nerfed, with an increased charge time and fuse time before detonation. So don’t count on bombarding some poor fool into submission. Check out the full patch notes below for more information.
- Resolved an issue where the incorrect animation played after a match in which the player did not rank up.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Increased Thresher fire rate and projectile speed.
- Increased Sniper’s Nest fire rate and duration.
- Slightly reduced Acoustic Sensor detection range.
- Fixed an exploit on Morocco where the player could end up under the map.
- Resolved an issue where Reactive Camos were not appearing correctly in Create-a-Class.
- Updated unlock requirement text for the MX9 Reactive Camo.
- Long playlist names now display properly on the Multiplayer menu.
- Reduced inventory stack size for 9-Bang and Cluster Grenade from 2 to 1.
- Increased charge time for 9-Bang.
- Increased fuse time before detonation for 9-Bang.
- Reduced Dead Silence duration to 120 seconds to match Awareness.
- Resolved an issue where Multiplayer Custom Games were not working properly after leaving a Blackout match and opening a custom Multiplayer lobby.
- Zombies: resolved an issue that caused the neon numbers in Blood of the Dead to disappear when Model Quality was set to Low.
- Blackout: resolved an issue that enabled players to start with 200 Health if a Trauma Kit was used as a Blackout match was starting.