The DLC Map Pack entitled ‘Annihilation’ for Call of Duty Black Ops which some say in the best content yet for the game, is now available for the Playstation 3 and the Windows PC. It includes the 4 multiplayer maps along with the even more unique than any other, the zombie map ‘Shangri-La’, just watch out for the monkey’s – they will steal your money. Our review of the DLC and here is the official press release.
SANTA MONICA, Calif., July 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Call of Duty®: Black Ops detonates its latest downloadable content pack on PlayStation®3 and Windows PC gamers with the release of Annihilation, the third DLC pack for the critically acclaimed and best-selling title.
Fans have logged billions of hours in Call of Duty: Black Ops since its record-setting debut in 2010. Annihilation packs four of the most varied and intense Black Ops maps to date, along with a new Zombies experience filled with countless hours of new gameplay.
The Annihilation content pack includes:
- “Hangar 18,” buried deep within the military black site Area 51, where gamers will battle through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar and a mysterious autopsy room.
- “Drive-In,” where players engage in close-quarters combat through a 1960s drive-in theater, complete with snack shack and a classic arcade.
- “Silo,” a massive multilevel battleground tucked within a super-secret Soviet era nuclear missile site.
- “Hazard,” perched on the verdant Cuban cliffside, where gamers traverse a coastal golf course fit for a dictator. This is the only set of links where the hazards shoot back.
- “Shangri-La,” the all-new Zombies experience, which transports players to a mythical paradise overrun with the undead. Face off against new species of zombies and navigate a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, all set within a lost jungle shrine.
“Annihilation delivers four of the best Black Ops multiplayer maps, and a mind blowing new Zombies experience with Shangri La,” said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. “With Annihilation, fans are really going to have a lot of fun continuing to play Black Ops online for a long time to come.”
Developed by Treyarch and published by Activision Publishing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence and Strong Language. For additional Call of Duty updates and information, visit us on the web at www.callofduty.com/blackops, www.facebook.com/codblackops, and also via Twitter @Treyarch. In celebration of this launch, Treyarch will host Double XP across all platforms, including Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii™ and Windows PC, starting Friday, July 29th through Sunday, July 31st.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Call of Duty and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Windows PC is a registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.
SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.