Among the top-notch role-playing games to release in the past few years, Radical Fish Games’ CrossCode has been on the down-low. This is mostly due to the fact that it was in Steam Early Access for PC for a long time. However, those who played it swore it to be a true successor to action RPGs like Secret of Mana. After 7 years in development, CrossCode is now finally complete and available for all to play.
Well, “complete” is somewhat untrue. Not every feature, like Steam Achievements and Trading Cards, made it into the game, but the developer is currently working on the same and will implement them within the next few weeks. All Achievements are tracked by the game, so you won’t have to replay it to earn them on Steam. Other content that didn’t make it into the final release and will be added with subsequent updates includes:
- NPCs, quests, enemies, and food items that we need to implement for our Indiegogo Backers
- A New Game+ Mode
- The Last Minute Hero Guild
- More Quests and proper NPCs for Rhombus Square
- The Arena in Rhombus Square with more combat challenges
- A Ninja Skin for Lea that we promised some of our Indiegogo backers is still in development. It will become available within a few weeks.
Still, given that CrossCode in its current state boasts 30 to 80 hours of gameplay with 7 unique areas, 7 large dungeons, 120 enemy types, over 30 boss fights and so on is really something. The developer isn’t done yet – it also has some plans for post-game content that it will talk about more in the coming weeks. CrossCode is also currently in development for PlayStation 4.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)