Cuphead Patch Fixes Mugman Army Glitch, Infinite Rumble Bug
Along with crash fixes, touching fuzzy will result in you getting “a little dizzy”.
Though Studio MDHR’s Cuphead has been out since September and sold more than a million copies on Xbox One and PC, the developer continues to release patches to fix some of its more annoying bugs. Patch 1.1.3 is out now for the game and fixes the rather infamous Mugman army glitch that’s made the rounds for a while.
The glitch is pretty straightforward – if a second player would drop in and out of the game continuously while playing as Mugman, it was possible to create multiple copies of him. This resulted in exponentially higher DPS than what two players could achieve, making challenges like Expert mode bosses much more palatable.
The patch does a bit more though. It fixes the various freezes caused when connecting and reconnecting your controller, the infinite rumble bug that also affected controllers, a number of freezes and soft-locks that could occur and so on. You can check out the full patch notes below (and no, we’re not quite sure what “touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy” means).
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players
- Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
- A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
- No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
- Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
- Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
- Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
- Dr. Kahl’s Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
- Fixed various minor collision bugs
- Various art and animation polish
- Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
- Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
- Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy