Daemon X Machina Update Adds Versus Mode, Duels
Partake in 1v1 and 2v2 battles or issue Duels after completing orders in co-op.
Marvelous’ Daemon X Machina has received some PvP features in its version 1.1.1 update. Versus Mode is straightforward enough – it lets you partake in local or online multiplayer combat with Arsenals. There’s 1v1 and 2v2 battles available, along with Ranked Match and Custom Match.
Co-op Mode also has a new Duel feature for up to four players. Simply attack a player after an order is finished to issue the challenge. Once the player attacks back, the Duel is on. It’s a neat way to waste time before heading back to base.
The full patch notes can be seen here, but check out some of the highlights below. More content is on the way in early November with new costumes and Arsenals. There will also be collaborations with “popular franchises”. Later in November, we’ll see new weapons, bosses, and Reclaimers in co-op, followed by more weapons and Reclaimers in December. Stay tuned for more details in the meantime.
- Fixed an issue in which you wouldn’t be able to save your data and the game would hang if you saved a damage log and your save data exceeded 4096 KB.
- Fixed an issue in which, if you canceled your ready status the instant that you launch, your friends would be able to join with the other players in the room through the Friend List.
- Fixed an issue in which client-side players would be unable to move if the host accessed an object immediately after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer in which a player who was revived via a reboot would be unable to move if they let go of the button the instant that the reboot was completed.
- Fixed an issue in which Arc Gun attacks would fail if used while a shield was in use.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer in which a player would be unable to enter an Arsenal immediately after rebooting.
- Fixed an issue in which attacks with certain attacks with the Mirage such as “Gaia Ray” wouldn’t fire.
- Fixed an issue in which the game wouldn’t transition to Snipe Mode if the player had sniper rifles equipped on both arms and was holding a car.
- Fixed an issue in which damage would occasionally not be counted from attacking the wings of Nightmare with melee weapons if the weak spots on the wings were not exposed.
- Fixed an issue in which a client-side player would hang if their internet connection was interrupted when the countdown was at 1 second.
- Fixed an issue in which the connection to other players would frequently drop after clearing a mission in an online Co-op Play room.