Destiny 2 Hotfix Reverts Penumbral Blast, Fixes Battlegrounds Issues
War Table Weekly Challenge also renamed to “Honor and Glory.”
A new hotfix went live for Bungie’s Destiny 2 and though it contained a number of different fixes, it should be of particular interest to Shadebinder players. Penumbral Blast, the melee ability for this sub-class, has seen its nerf reverted. It once again deals 80 detonation damage, meaning that it’s at least somewhat useful in PvE again.
Otherwise, hotfix 220.127.116.11 provides fixes for various issues in Battlegrounds like positive modifiers not working or combatants becoming “lost.” An issue that caused players to respawn in “unfavorable areas” which causes constant death has also been fixed. The War Table Weekly Challenge has also been renamed to “Honor and Glory”.
Check out the full hotfix notes here for more details. Destiny 2 is currently in the midst of Season of the Chosen but will have a number of updates and new features, including transmog and cross-play, in the coming months. Its next paid expansion, The Witch Queen, has been delayed to early 2022 however.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 18.104.22.168
- Fixed an issue where beneficial modifiers were not functioning in Battlegrounds activities.
- Fixed an issue where some Colossus combatants would become lost on the battlefield.
- Fixed an issue where some combatant names were mistranslated in Korean.
- Fixed an issue where players would be respawned in unfavorable areas leading to numerous deaths.
- Fixed an issue where players could launch their first Presage activity without it’s associated quest.
- When players attempt to launch the mission without the quest, there will not be error text explaining why. We plan to fix this issue in a future update.
- Additionally, players may still launch their first Master activity without the Catalyst quest. We plan to fix this issue in a future update.
Gameplay and Investment
- Penumbral Blast detonation damage increased to 80 base damage, reverting previous changes.
- Fixed an issue where players who didn’t own the Mindvault ornament would see it in the ornament bucket of the Insurmountable Skullfort, citing “Requires Mod Item” error ribbons.
- Fixed an issue where No Time to Explain’s ornament couldn’t be selected or equipped on alternate platforms.