Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5 Will Add Enhancement Cores, Buff Malfeasance and Wish-Ender
The update goes live on October 30th at 9 AM PDT before the weekly reset.
The next big update coming to Destiny 2 in the wake of Forsaken’s launch is one that contains a number of requested features. Update 2.0.5 will arrive on October 30th at 9 AM PDT and contains the changes to Masterwork Cores and Exotic duplicate protection. It will also buff certain aspects of Exotic weapons Malfeasance and Wish-Ender.
Masterwork Cores will be called Enhancement Cores going forward, and can be earned through Scrapper Bounties and Spider’s weekly bounties. Will they still be required for Infusion? That’s the real question at this point. As for Exotic duplicates, the game will work to lower the chances of receiving already owned Exotics. Quest Exotics will also be removed from the Exotic Engram pool, which should further help your chances.
As for Wish-Ender, it will see increased base damage and a fix for an issue that would cause the Broadhead perk to not work properly in some situations. The overall result should offer more consistent damage as a whole. Malfeasance will receive increased detonation damage from Explosive Shadow and increased damage against Taken and Gambit Invaders. Check out the patch notes preview below, with the full patch notes arriving after the update goes live.
- Banshee-44 will accept up to 25 Gunsmith Materials at a time
- Removing the hold time for the Spider’s material exchange interactions
- Increasing stack size of Ghost Fragments from 10 to 20
- Reduced shader dismantle time from 1 sec. to 0.25 secs.
Exotic Duplicate Weighting
- When you’re receiving an Exotic, we will take into account all Exotics you’ve found, and weight them against Exotics you have yet to acquire; this lowers the chances of receiving Exotics you already own
- Exotics that you do not yet own will be individually weighted much higher than duplicate Exotics
- When receiving duplicate Exotics, you will be more likely to earn armor pieces, as they have randomly rolled perks
- Exotic quest weapons are being removed from the Exotic engram loot pool
- Masterwork Cores will be renamed Enhancement Cores
- More sources will award Enhancement Cores; they will be added to Scrapper Bounties and six of the Spider’s weekly bounties
- Enhancement Cores will be more visible in the loot feed
- Increasing base damage
- Fixing an issue where the Broadhead perk would not properly activate under certain circumstances, which would result in a loss of damage
- Increasing Explosive Shadow detonation damage
- Increasing damage against Taken and invaders
- Will spawn with 50 ammo in the Crucible
- Will benefit from the following armor perks: Auto Rifle Loader, Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim, Auto Rifle Targeting, Precision Weapon Targeting, Auto Rifle Dexterity