Destiny 2 – Update 2.7.0 Will Buff Thundercrash, Combine Exotic, and Fated Engrams
Going live tomorrow, update 2.7.0 also raises the Powerful and Pinnacle cap.
Bungie is prepping for the arrival of Destiny 2’s Season of Dawn which will bring new Seasonal Ranks, Exotics, armor sets, the Sundial activity and of course, Eververse items. Alongside these new activities will be update 2.7.0 which contains sandbox updates like subclass changes. In its latest This Week at Bungie, the developer revealed other changes to expect.
Exotic and Fated Engrams are now being combined into a single Exotic Engram. If you have any Exotics that haven’t been collected, it will contain that, else it will contain some random Exotic armor. The Scourge of the Past raid’s Exotic weapon Anarchy is also getting a slight buff to it drop rate.
While the Powerful cap is raising from 950 to 950, the Pinnacle Cap is going from 960 to 970, allowing players to obtain more Power during the season. If that weren’t enough, the Code of the Missile Super Thundercrash is getting a buff, with its base damage going from 2700 to 3200. Check out the full patch notes here – update 2.7.0 goes live tomorrow.
- Increased the drop rate of the “Scourge of the Past” raid Exotic weapon Anarchy from 5% to 10%
- The Exotic Engram and the Fated Engram have been collapsed into a single new Exotic Engram item
- When opened, it awards a new Exotic if any remain to be collected;
- otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. Note: Contents are still class-specific
Powerful and Pinnacle Reward Caps
- Powerful Cap: 960, up from 950
- Pinnacle Cap: 970, up from 960
- Escalation Protocol wave 7 chest no longer requires a key to open
Chest can be opened upon every successful completion of wave 7
- Each time opening the chest awards one piece of EP armor for your character class until you have the full set
- After full set is acquired, subsequent opening of the chest awards a random piece of armor
- Charged Decryption Keys and Key Fragments are being removed from the game; these items will be removed from player inventories
- Armory keys to spawn Valkyrie Javelins are unchanged and will remain
- EP weapon drops were not touched and are still cumulative-stream boss drops
- The cost of slotting a weapon mod has been reduced from 5,000 Glimmer to 500 Glimmer
- Fixed an issue where Ada-1 could grant duplicate weapon mods
- Repeatable bounties have been added to the Gunsmith
- Merged strike/Crucible/Gambit objectives on the Gunsmith weekly bounty “Field Calibration” into a single objective that shares progress from all sources
- Removed Valor/Infamy and Vanguard tokens from “Field Calibration” as there is no longer a requirement for any of these linked activities
- Added new mode-specific daily Crucible bounties (one per day, selected from full-time playlists and active rotators)
- Reduced the completion requirements of several daily and repeatable Crucible bounties
- Removed grenade and melee bounties from the Crucible bounty repeatable pool
Striker Code of the Missile (Middle Path)
- Increased base damage from 2,700 to 3,200
- Increased in-flight damage from 100 to 200
- Slightly increased the amount of time you have in the air after activation