DICE lists changes and improvements coming to Battlefield 3 after fan feedback on beta
The multiplayer beta of Battlefield 3 is up and running, and people have been giving their feedback on it. DICE has taken all that into consideration and listed a number of changes that they will make to the game itself, after having taken all feedback into consideration. The full list can be found on the Battlefield 3 forums, but here’s a shorter, more concise list that lists all the major, big changes (thanks, Battlefield Blog!):
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
You can read out impressions of the beta here
. Our author Kartik thought that there were ” a lot of glitches and other technical issues in the beta” and that “hopefully DICE can fix all of them.” However, he did say that “Battlefield 3 is shaping up to be one of the best FPS games ever made.” You can read the entire preview through the link.