Divinity: Original Sin 2 Receives 4.3 GB Patch With Tons of Fixes and Changes
Lots and lots of changes and improvements have been made to the critically acclaimed RPG.
Larian Studios’ big patch for Divinity: Original Sin 2, its critically acclaimed computer RPG, is finally out and it’s a hefty 4.3 GB. The number of fixes, changes, improvements and so on is pretty significant.
The patch serves to fix a number of quests which didn’t finish properly and also improve or add more status updates to quests in your Journal. The frequency of automated dialogue has been changed, the Save/Load screen has been changed and the lobby and server list has been reskinned. In terms of gameplay, you can expect filter states for your inventory to be saved, Reactive Shot to now use your weapon stats when calculating damage and Taunting to actually favour the taunter.
That’s not including the enormous number of crash fixes, companions not being recruitable following the opening story sequence, issues with encounters and dialogue, and the controller type being auto-detected. While Divinity: Original Sin 2 has a bunch of other things that need improving, the amount of patches and fixes it’s received thus far for what’s essentially an excellent game is great.
Check out some of the patch notes below while the full patch notes can be viewed here.
Improvements and Changes:
- Improved and added several quest status updates in the Journal
- Fixed several quests not closing properly or when expected
- Spider legs now correctly prevent player from getting Webbed
- Tweaked frequency of certain automated dialogs
- Fleeing from combat now pops up the waypoint menu instead of moving you to nearest waypoint
- Added several improvements and hints in Arx that tie people together, and that introduce places and characters (e.g. added a thief corpse/ghost in the death-fog storage room)
- Save/load screen has been reskinned
- Removed camera shake from poison damage over time
- Smoke now blocks Attack Of Opportunity
- Lowered Persuasion difficulty in Arx
- Pressing the right mouse button now stops all characters’ movement chained to the current character
- Reskinned lobby and serverlist
- Improved Taunting in favour of the Taunter
- Optimised performance on certain AI actions
- Filter states on inventory are now saved
- Made the surfaces created by intersection temporary, but long-lived, instead of infinite (also fixes some surface puzzles)
- Reactive Shot now uses equipped weapon stats to calculate damage
- Reduced survivability and base damage of Bone Widow
- Reduced Chicken form running distance to 6 meters
- Small reduction in XP gain in Reaper’s Coast and Council of Seven areas
- Fixed melee and rogue archetypes ignoring characters with Stench talent
- Fixed Windego’s skills if you meet her in Council of Seven
- Made several changes to Captive Deep-dweller in the third round of the Arena in Reaper’s Coast
- The puzzle to get to Reimond now has a perception check on the hidden wall, and the wall supports lockpicking
- Voidwoken chicken should not be able to absorb source points
- Updated stats, skills, loot and archetype of Zaleskar
- Lobby browser now shows map names alphabetically
- Controller UI shows button hint in dialog windows when you can scroll
- Controller type can be auto detected and button hints are shown accordingly
- There is now a button to immediately go to the Recipe window (H by default)
- In the rune screen, you can now see all runes in all your party members’ inventories