Black Salt Games’ critically acclaimed fishing game Dredge has received its second major post-launch update on all platforms. It adds Photo Mode, which is available after speaking to The Photographer at her camp. There’s also a Passive Mode for wandering around without the sea life attacking and just enjoying fishing.
There are also ten new Aberrations and eight new types of wildlife. V-Sync has also been added to the settings, and you can now turn off Camera Follow so that the game camera won’t move when the boat turns. Sliders for Spyglass sensitivity and the new Haste feature for disabling visual effects, quickening the pace for speedrunners, are also available.
Check out the trailer and patch notes below. Dredge is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC and Nintendo Switch. The next update, Boat Point, releases in Q3 2023 and allows for customizing one’s trawler. Paid DLC is planned to release in Q4.
Added Photo Mode
- This new ability can be unlocked after providing some assistance to a new character – The Photographer! You’ll find her at a new camp on an island to the south of The Marrows.
Added Passive Mode
- This mode can be activated at any stage by selecting the option from the Settings menu. In this mode, you’ve nothing to fear from the creatures of the deep.
Added 10 new aberrations
Added 8 new types of wildlife for you to encounter, including one that isn’t afraid of the shallows…
Added new settings
- Pause In Background – The default behaviour of this has changed so that the game does not pause when it loses focus.
- Camera Follow Mode – You can now detach the camera from the boat’s turning orientation. This means that when the boat turns, the camera won’t automatically turn to look in the boat’s new direction.
- Spyglass Sensitivity – Sliders for horizontal and vertical movement.
- Haste VFX – Disables the visual effects (FOV pull & screen shake) that occur when the Haste ability is activated.
- Added a new “General” tab to Settings and moved some options around.
- Added a couple of new names to the credits.
- Updated Dolphin SFX.
- Dolphins and some other events are discouraged from swimming over the abyss of Stellar Basin.
- Fixed an issue where the Crab Pot / Trawl Net information panel didn’t show correctly the first time if the game was loaded with either of these abilities pre-selected.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze when downgrading a trawl net to another net with a smaller internal capacity.
- Fixed an issue where discarding the package from The Mayor never removed the associated map marker.
- Fixed an issue where an island in Devil’s Spine was culling incorrectly.
- Fixed some localization issues.
And for our speedrunning community…
- The Haste activation SFX does not play if Haste was deactivated recently.
- The game now reports a few values to an Autosplitter.