Your first jaunt into The Lands Between of Elden Ring will be one of confusion, getting lost and trying to find your way around. That’s because most of the map is shrouded from the beginning. Map Fragments are the key to uncovering each location, though again, they’ll only showcase the different roads, bridges and structures. Traveling around and unlocking Sites of Grace among other points of interest still lays squarely on your own shoulders.
Nevertheless, Map Fragments help in this endeavor by a great deal. Let’s take a look at all of their locations and how to get them.
- West Limgrave – On a body near the pillar in the Gatehouse Ruins camp.
- East Limgrave – While traveling south of the Third Church of Marika through the Mistwood, check left of the road near the Erdtree.
- Weeping Peninsula – Venture across the Bridge of Sacrifice located south from East Limgrave. Look for a carriage that’s broken down – the pillar and Map Fragment should be to the right.
- Caelid – Near the Caelid Waypoint ruins at a fork in the road. There will be a sleeping dragon nearby so proceed carefully.
- Dragonbarrow – Located east of the Site of Grace in Rotview Balcony. Traverse past the ruined caravan and jump across the gap until you reach the Site of Grace in Dragonbarrow West. You’ll find the pillar and Map Fragment on that road.
- East Liurnia – Start from the Site of Grace in the Lake-Facing Cliffs and take the road west. Go past the camp and reach the Site of Grace in Liurnia Lake. You’ll spot a watery road with lanterns – take that path until you find several enemies surrounding the pillar and the Map Fragment.
- North Liurnia – From the Liurnia Lake Shore, go northwest until you spot the Academy Gate Town on the right side. The Map Fragment and pillar are located by the latter’s Site of Grace.
- West Liurnia – Go north on the road that runs along West Liurnia, passing by the Belfries, camp and convoy until you find a pillar on the left. The Map Fragment will be here. You can also stop by the Northern Liurnia Lake Shore’s Site of Grace en route.
- Altus Plateau – Requires the Dectus Medallion and activating the Grand Lift in North Liurnia. Once that’s done, you can take the road that leads to Altus Plateau, take a left from the fork and find the pillar and Map Fragment on the left.
- Mt. Gelmir – Upon crossing the Bridge of Iniquity and following its road, you’ll need to navigate through some tricky terrain for the Map Fragment. Refer to the video guide below by Game Guides Channel for a more specific location.
- Leyndell, Royal Capital – After passing the Tree Sentinels while going up the stairs leading to the city, look for a Site of Grace. The pillar and Map Fragment will be right near it.
- Siofra River – First, travel to the Mistwood and look for the Siofra River Well (it’s near the Erdtree so you can’t miss it). Take the elevator underground and then go straight. You’ll find a lift near a large crab – keep going until you find the Siofra River Bank’s Site of Grace. From there, go east and you’ll find a stag body near some temple steps which has the Map Fragment.
- Mohgwyn Palace – Go down the right towards the right from the Palace Approach’s Site of Grace. You’ll find a body of liquid – take to the left of it until you find some ruins. Go up the stares and you’ll find a corpse with the Map Fragment.
- Ainsel River – Again, there are some very specific directions to follow so it’s best to refer to the video guide below. You’ll need to start from the Ainsel River Main’s Site of Grace.
- Lake of Rot – From the Lake of Rot Shoreside’s Site of Grace, go south until you find a corpse. Search it for the Map Fragment.
- East Mountaintops of the Giants – Go south from the Whiteridge Road’s Site of Grace. Travel until you reach a chain bridge – cross and find the pillar with the Map Fragment.
- West Mountaintops of the Giants – There will be a track near the Grand Lift of Rold. Travel up this and look on the right for a pillar with the Map Fragment.
For a better idea of each Map Fragment’s location, check out Game Guides Channel’s video below. While you don’t need every Map Fragment, they will make your life and time exploring The Lands Between that much easier.
Elden Ring is available for Xbox One, PS4, PS5, PC and Xbox Series X/S – check out our review here for more details.