A major new update is available for FromSoftware’s Elden Ring. Along with an option to switch the camera’s auto rotate function on or off, it adds new event phases for Patches. So yes, you’ll probably need to replay the game for his quest again.
However, the real meat of update 1.04 is in the various balance changes. Colossal Swords and weapons have had their attack speed increased and their recovery time lowered. Two-handed attack damage with them has also been increased. None of these buffs apply to jumping attacks though so keep that in mind.
The scaling of status effect build-up when using the spells and incantations of either the Albinauric Staff or Dragon Communion Seal has also been decreased. The Greatshield Talisman also has a decreased effect on weapons with high block rate. On top of all this, recovery from madness buildup has had its speed lowered (though the length of the “afflicted” animation has been shortened).
Check out some of the patch notes below with full notes here.
ELDEN RING: Patch Notes 1.04
Major Changes Included in the Latest Update
Additional Elements Added
- Added an option to turn camera auto rotate function ON/OFF
- Added some event phases for the NPC “Patches”
- Increased Colossal Swords/Colossal weapons attack speed and lowered their recovery time. Jump attack not included.
- Increased the two-handed attack damage of Colossal Swords/Colossal Weapons. Jump attack not included.
- Increased physical block rate and guard boost of the Colossal Sword, Colossal Weapons, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Axe, Great Spear, and Halberd weapon classes.
- Increased the damage of Grafted Blade Greatsword.
- Increased the damage of Devourer’s Scepter.
- Decreased the scaling of status effect build-up from spells and incantations of Albinauric Staff and Dragon Communion Seal.
- Decreased the effect of Greatshield Talisman for weapons with high block rate.
- Shortened the length of the madness afflicted animation.
- Lowered the speed of madness buildup recovery.
- Slightly increased FP and Stamina growth rate at lower levels*
*Players will need to perform any of the following actions for the changes to be reflected. This is required only once. New characters created after this update will not require this action:
- Level up
- Activate Godrick’s Great Rune
- Re-equipping any equipment (armor, talisman) which grants bonus stat to either Strength, Dexterity, Vigor, Endurance, Intelligence, Faith or Arcane.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)