FIFA has become a juggernaut of a franchise–which means unless EA improves their infrastructure, there will be a lot of problems due to the sheer number of people trying to play the game. EA has announced the first title update for FIFA 13 which attempts to fix a lot of buys and online issues.
They have also said in the FIFA 13 blog that while there are a lot of complaints from fans, they can’t fix everything.
“Some fans may wonder why we can’t fix all the known issues at once. That’s a fair question and the answer isn’t quite as simple. We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we’re confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone,” the blog reads.
Check out the fixes being employed by the title update.
FIFA 13 Title Update
This will be our first official update of FIFA 13, and will address the game issues that have had the biggest impact on our fans:
- Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
- Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
- Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
- Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
- Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
- Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
- Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
- Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
- Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with “ANY” and “Match Keeper”) will provide the desired results.
- Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
- (PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.