Square Enix have finally revealed the changes they are bringing to Final Fantasy 14 with patch 6.08, and there are a lot of things to take away from the update. The patch releases amidst the ongoing problems of MMORPG experiencing server congestions, and the excitement revolving around the release of its new expansion, Endwalker.
The key takeaway from the patch notes, which is immediately noticeable, is the adjustments to the Jobs. Most of the DPS Jobs and few tanks in the game have got a buff to their damage-dealing capabilities, improving their output with a number of their core actions.
The other big addition to the game via patch 6.08 is the much-awaited Oceanian data centre for the game, which was opened amidst issues the long queue times and server congestions. The server comes not long after Naoki Yoshida, the director and producer of Final Fantasy 14 announced the same through a message to the players via the game’s website. The Oceanian data centre will let players from Australia, New Zealand, and other regions around the area play the game with better ping and is available with five worlds for players to choose from.
Apart from the above, the digital game sales, which were previously halted to minimize server congestion, have resumed as well.
You can read the patch notes in their entirety through the link above for a more detailed overview, or check out a selection below.
Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.08 Key Changes
- Spirits Within: Potency increase from 250 to 270.
- Expiacion: Potency increase from 300 to 340.
- Blade of Faith: Potency increase from 250 to 420.
- Blade of Truth: Potency increase from 350 to 500.
- Blade of Valor: Potency increase from 420 to 580.
- Tomahawk: Potency increase from 100 to 150.
- Phantom Rush: Potency increase from 1,000 to 1,150
- Dragon Sight: Range has been extended from 12 yalms to 30 yalms. Targeted party member does not have to remain within 12 yalms to get the effects Left Eye. Channeling animation between the dragoon and their target has been removed.
- Raiden Thrust: Potency increase from 260 to 280.
- Stardiver: Potency increase from 500 to 620.
- Heavens’ Thrust: Potency increase from 430 to 480.
- Chaotic Spring: Potency increase from 240 to 260 and rear combo potency increased from 280 to 300.
- Spinning Edge: Potency increased from 200 to 210.
- Gust Slash: Combo potency increase from 300 to 320, along with potency increase from 140 to 160
- Aeolian Edge: Combo potency increase from 340 to 360, rear-attack potency increase from 400 to 420.
- Armor Crush: Combo potency increase from 320 to 340, flank combo potency increase from 380 to 400.
- Hyosho Ranryu: Potency increase from 1,200 to 1,300.
- Hakaze: Potency increase from 150 to 180.
- Jinpu: Potency increase from 250 to 280.
- Shifu: Potency increase from 250 to 280.
- Ogi Namikiri: Potency increase from 800 to 900.
- Kaeshi Namikiri: Potency increased from 1,200 to 1,350.
- Drill: Potency increase from 550 to 570.
- Air Anchor: Potency increase from 550 to 570.
- Chain Saw: Potency increase from 550 to 570.
- Cascade: Potency increase from 180 to 220.
- Fountain: Combo potency increase from 240 to 280.
- Reverse Cascade: Potency increase from 240 to 280.
- Fountainfall: Potency increase from 300 to 340.
- Technical Finish: Potency for four steps increase from 1,080 to 1,200.
- Fire III: Potency increase from 240 to 260.
- Blizzard III: Potency increase from 240 to 260.
- Blizzard IV: Potency increase from 300 to 310.
- Fire IV: Potency increase from 300 to 310.
- Xenoglossy: Potency increase from 660 to 760.
- Astral Impulse: Potency increase from 430 to 440.
- Ruby Rite: Potency increase from 430 to 450.
- Fountain of Fire: Potency increase from 520 to 540.
The following issues have been addressed
- An issue wherein audio crackling and stuttering occurred under certain conditions.
- An issue in the battle against Proto-Omega in the dungeon the Stigma Dreamscape wherein Guided Missile and Chemical Missile did not select targets correctly.
- An issue wherein the ninja PvE action Phantom Kamaitachi and the scholar PvE action Consolation could be dragged from the Actions list of the Actions & Traits menu.
- An issue wherein the effect of the white mage PvE action Thin Air was not applied to instant cast spells executed immediately after activating Thin Air.
- An issue wherein the description of the reaper trait Enhanced Arcane Crest was incorrect.
- An issue wherein the reaper PvP action Arcane Crest did not grant the Crest of Time Returned effect to party members further than 1 yalm away.
- An issue when spearfishing wherein fish were not counted as caught despite the capture animation being displayed.
- An issue wherein the item Dance Pole could be sold to NPC vendors.
- An issue wherein the graphics of male Viera were not displayed correctly when moving while under the effect of the Transporting status.
- An issue when using Group Pose as a sage with a weapon drawn wherein certain emotes in the Special category did not function properly.
- An issue wherein the graphics for the NPC Kochacha were not displayed correctly.
- An issue wherein the NPC Cocobuki was not displayed under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the sound effects played in certain areas of Old Sharlayan were incorrect.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.