It’s had a long and circuitous route, but the long awaited update 1.21 for Final Fantasy 15 is finally here. This is a pretty hefty one, since it offers the ability to ‘rest’ at a camp (letting you change the time of the day, a feature offered in just about every open world game, but one that was somehow not in Final Fantasy 15 until now), as well as new training partners.
But while it adds a lot, it also concludes the Assassins festival, which means that the fantastic Assassin’s Creed themed bonus missions that the game made available are now gone forever- hopefully, you managed to play them before you downloaded and installed this update.
You can check out the full patch notes for this update for yourself below- it comes in at 3.25GB. Final Fantasy 15 is available now on PS4 and Xbox One, with a release on iOS and Android smart devices, and Windows PCs, coming within the next couple of months as well.
Final Fantasy XV Update 1.21 Patch Notes
- Conclusion of the Assassin’s Festival
- Inclusion of Aranea as a training partner at camp
- Implementation of a standby option at camp to advance the time of day (“Wait until morning” or “Wait until nightfall”)
- Addition of new items at Alessio’s trading post in Altissia (see below)
- Introduction of new drills to the tutorial: Practice Tutorial
- Fixed the hairstyle for the Episode Ignis crossover outfit
- “Arts” category for Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto (applies to Character Swap)
- Various bug fixes
Alessio’s New Items
- Silver Ore: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
- Gold Ore: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
- Prismatic Shard: 2 Oracle Ascension Coins
- Prismatic Ore: 3 Oracle Ascension Coins
- Mystic Circlet: 60 Oracle Ascension Coins
- Purified Salt: 60 Oracle Ascension Coins