Final Fantasy 16 has routinely been topping Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games (as voted by the outlet’s readers), but in recent weeks, it has received some stiff competition from a couple of other games. As such, the upcoming PS5 RPG has lost the top spot again. Having occupied the pole position last week, it’s now fallen down to No. 3, with Splatoon 3 coming back in at No. 1.
In second place with a narrow lead over Final Fantasy 16 is Xenoblade Chronicles 3, which hadn’t yet launched when voting for these charts took place. LIVE A LIVE in second place similarly hadn’t launched in that period either. A couple of other major upcoming Nintendo Switch exclusives are also in the top 10 again, including Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet at No. 7 and No. 8, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel in fifth place.
Interestingly, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth has broken into the top 10 for the first time since its announcement, and comes in at No. 9. The two Final Fantasy games are the only non-Nintendo Switch titles in the top 10 though at this point, the Switch’s dominance in Japan shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between July 7 and July 13.
1. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 705 votes
2. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 668 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 657 votes
4. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 604 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 546 votes
6. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 535 votes
7. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 477 votes
8. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 424 votes
9. [PS5] Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth – 228 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 217 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]