Square Enix games dominate the rankings once again.
The latest results for the Famitsu’s list of most anticipated games among the Japanese audiences, as decided by a vote, have been released, and Square Enix megatons like Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III and Dragon Quest XI have once again dominated the charts. Dragon Quest XI’s PS4 and 3DS versions have claimed the top two positions, with the PS4 version at the very top.
Final Fantasy VII Remake is in third place, with Kingdom Hearts III on fifth position. Fellow Square Enix game Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is also in the top 10, coming in at seventh position. But it’s not all Square Enix, though, with a couple of massive upcoming Nintendo releases also making a splash.
Splatoon 2 has been a constant fixture in this list for some time, and it is in the top 10 once again, ranking pretty high at fourth position. Meanwhile, Super Mario Odyssey has moved back into the top 10 at tenth place. You can check out the full top 10 below. Voting for this was held between June 8 and June 14.
1. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI – 1,071 votes
2. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 882 votes
3. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 671 votes
4. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 424 votes
5. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 325 votes
6. [3DS] The Snack World – 299 votes
7. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 249 votes
8. [PS4] Everyone’s Golf – 231 votes
9. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 222 votes
10. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 218 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!