Square Enix’s RPG refuses to relinquish the lead.
That Final Fantasy 7 Remake would top Famitsu’s most wanted charts for upcoming video game releases is something we all expected – it did so last week, and has been doing so for a long, long time – and it has indeed done so, with a sizeable lead. It holds 400 more votes than the second placed Project Sakura Wars, which has also consistently been near the top of the charts.
In third place is Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which is where it was last week as well, while Bandai Namco’s Tales of Arise climbs up one spot to fourth place. Nioh 2 has also seen a bit of a bump, coming in at No. 5, and is followed by Yakuza 7, Bayonetta 3, and Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Scramble in the next three positions. The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – which doesn’t even have an official name yet – is placed No. 9, while The Last of Us Part 2 enters the charts at tenth place.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between November 14 and November 20.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,622 votes
2. [PS4] Project Sakura Wars – 1,221 votes
3. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 650 votes
4. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 578 votes
5. [PS4] Nioh 2 – 507 votes
6. [PS4] Yakuza 7 – 463 votes
7. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 424 votes
8. [PS4] Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers – 406 votes
9. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 378 votes
10. [PS4] The Last of Us Part 2 – 334 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!