Fortnite Update 6.31 Brings Pump Shotgun Changes, Team Rumble Limited Time Mode
Save The World mode also receives a new Constructor hero named Airheart.
Epic Games’ Fortnite has a new update out today, and it brings a new Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun, along with a new limited time mode called Team Rumble to Battle Royale. Save The World mode has also receives some new content with Airheart, a new Constructor hero who can place down a mounted turret. The usual range of gameplay tweaks and bug fixes are also included.
Team Rumble is an interesting limited time mode as it sees two teams of 20 players fighting to reach 100 Eliminations first. In this mode, players that are killed respawn in five seconds and retain their inventory. Eliminations will result in random ammo dropping along with random stacks consisting of 120 Wood, 90 Stone, or 60 Metal.
As for the Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun, it deals 105/110 maximum damage. You can find it in Vending Machines, Supply Drops, floor loot, and chests. Pump Shotguns have also received some buffs, with maximum damage being increased. Damage falloff is still an issue though, so keep that in mind when fighting at range. Scope out the full patch notes below or through here for more information.
Limited Time Mode: Team Rumble
Two large teams fight for the Victory Royale in an action-packed mode where the first team to get 100 eliminations wins!
- Two teams of 20 players.
- Players will respawn after 5 seconds when eliminated, keeping their inventory.
- Eliminated players spawn a random type of ammo upon elimination, as well as a random stack of either 120 Wood, 90 Stone, or 60 Metal materials.
- Only Uncommon weapons (or better) are available.
- The first team to 100 eliminations wins.
Weapons + Items
New Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun
- 105 / 110 maximum damage
- Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Shotguns will now always apply at least 3 pellets worth of damage if only 1-2 pellets hit the target.
- NOTE: Bonus pellets can never be critical hits.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage and fall-off changes.
- Pump Shotgun maximum damage increased from 80 / 85 to 95 / 100
- Pump shotguns will do higher damage in shorter range buckets but damage falls off quicker. This means you’ll do more damage to closer targets but less damage to farther targets.
- Added Stink Bombs to Supply Drops
- Removed Double Barrel Shotguns from floor loot
- Adjusted Mounted Turret collision to make it easier to land shots against anyone occupying it.
- Removed the ability to repair the Mounted Turret
- Fixed players being able to clip into turret barrels and get stuck.
- Supply drops will automatically open if landing on a Mounted Turret
- Drop rate reduced from 1.719% to 0.915%
- The Mounted Turret can no longer fire through its own floor.
- Fixed an issue with players not having an audio cue while gliding after respawning.
- Fixed an issue with Chiller effects not applying properly to players’ feet.
- Reduced the in-air speed when using the Glider Redeploy feature in supported game modes.
- Added functionality that allows the placement of map markers in the world without needing to go into the fullscreen map.
- You’ll be able to look at a position in the world and use the “Place Marker” keybind to place a map marker. This command will only be available by default while in Combat Mode.
- This command is defaulted to Left on the D-pad for controllers and the Middle Mouse button for PC and Mac.
- For Mobile players, this command will be bound to an optional button in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Added the ability to pick up and throw back Dynamite with a lit fuse.
- To throw the Dynamite with a lit fuse, get near it and use the interact key.
- Increased the Dynamite explosion height against players from 192 units to 300 units.
- This was done to prevent players from being able to jump over the explosion area on flat ground without taking damage.