Fortnite Update v7.20 Brings Glider Redeploy, “One Shot” Limited Time Mode, and More
Glider Redeploy returns but as an item, while the Scoped Revolver makes its debut.
Epic Games’ latest update is now live for Fortnite. It brings back Glider Redeploy, but as an item with limited uses. A new weapon, the Scoped Revolver, has also been added to Battle Royale, while a new limited time mode, One Shot, is also available.
So what exactly has changed about Glider Redeploy? Firstly, you don’t need to select the item in order to activate it. Just jump off from the right height, hit the Jump button again, and deploy your glider. Each Glider Redeploy starts at 10 charges, and you can garner more charges by looting chests, vending machines, and Supply Llamas. Using Launch Pads and Rift-to-Go or playing a limited time mode with respawns won’t consume charges.
The Scoped Revolver is available in Epic and Legendary variants. It uses Medium ammo and causes 42-44 damage per shot. The limited time mode One Shot features low gravity, with each player having 50 HP. With only Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles available, along with Bandages as the only healing item, it serves as a test of one’s sniping skills.
Check out some of the patch notes below. Full patch notes can be seen here.
LTM: One Shot
There’s low gravity and every player has 50 health. Snipers are the only weapon and Bandages the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
- Gravity is set lower than normal.
- The Storm wait time has been greatly reduced in all phases of the game.
- The only weapons in this mode are Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
- Semi-auto Snipers and Bounce Pads have been removed from the Vault in this mode.
- Players will spawn with 50 health and can only heal if they find Bandages.
Weapons and Items
Available in Epic and Legendary variants. Fires Medium Ammo and does 42 / 44 damage per shot. Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
Added Gliders, an item that grants Glider redeploy.
- This item takes up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Gliders do not need to be selected to deploy. Activate them by pressing your jump button while in mid-air.
- Rarity is Rare.
- Gliders come with 10 charges.
- Each deploy uses a charge. When all charges are used the item disappears.
- Glider redeploy does not consume a charge when using a Launch Pad, Rifts-to-Go, or respawning in a Limited Time Mode.
- Found from floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Llamas.
More weapons and items
- Added an overheating mechanic. Overheat occurs after approximately 6 seconds of continuous fire.
- Reduced the wind-up time by 37%.
- Updated the audio for the Minigun.
Rarity color adjustments
- Balloons changed from Epic to Rare.
- Stink Bomb changed from Epic to Rare.
- Scoped AR decreased from Rare/Epic to Uncommon/Rare.
- The following projectile-based weapons now have the same projectile trajectory as the Heavy Sniper Rifle:
– Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
– Suppressed Sniper Rifle
– Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
– Hunting Rifle
- Weapon first-shot accuracy now works with icy feet and while on ziplines.
- The reticle center dot on Scoped Rifles has been reduced in size. This will mitigate situations where it appears you’re on your target but still miss the shot.
Trap drop chance adjustments
Total drop chance of Traps from floor loot increased from 3.98% to 4.73%.
- Drop chance from floor loot increased from 0.26% to 0.73%.
- Drop chance from Loot Llamas increased from 6.63% to 15.47%.
- Drop chance from floor loot increased from 0.53% to 0.98%.
- Drop chance from Loot Llamas increased from 13.25% to 20.77%.
- Drop chance from floor loot decreased from 0.8% to 0.73%.
- Drop chance from Loot Llamas decreased from 20.42% to 15.47%.
- Small shields max stack size has been decreased from 10 to 6.
- Fixed a bug that could cause you to lose the ability to switch weapons if firing a Grappler while crashing a vehicle or interacting with an object during travel.
- Fixed a bug where your ability to fire would be delayed after discarding a Grappler.
- Removed the ability to ride or be pushed by a Grappler due to the ability for players to move fast enough to cause network issues.
- Fixed Balloons not being popped by explosions.
- Fixed issue causing odd dynamite size/scaling when picking it up and re-throwing.
- When a player dies from Down-But-Not-Out bleed-out damage, the elimination distance is calculated from the original down location rather than the distance when they are fully eliminated.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scoped Rifles to have full accuracy earlier than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the center dot of the reticle while scoped did not line up with the center dot while unscoped.
- Fixed dynamite re-throw ability from being canceled by changing weapons or being a vehicle passenger.
- Players will no longer receive credit for a “No Scope” in the elimination feed if they use a scope to eliminate a player.