Microsoft’s subscription service Xbox Game Pass has been growing exponentially, and it’s now has added another game to its offerings just today. In addition to the previously announced additions for the month, Generation Zero has also been added to the library today.
Generation Zero, a first-person shooter that has you battling robots, has also just received a new update that allows for a 60 fps experience on Xbox Series X/S consoles, as well as cross-play between PC and Xbox consoles. In addition to this, players also get access to a whole bunch of new content, such as base building and a challenge tree related to this new mechanic. There’s also an addition of voice chat to the game, which will of course be available during cross play as well.
You can check out a trailer commemorating the game’s arrival on Game Pass as well as full patch notes for its newest update below.
Call of the Sea among a few others will be leaving Xbox Game Pass today, as the new arrivals take their place.
Microsoft also recently announced Clarity Boost for Xbox Cloud Gaming, an initiative to improve cloud streaming on Edge browsers- read more on that through here.
ADDITIONS & IMPROVEMENTS
- With the inclusion of Xbox Game Pass, Cross-play has been implemented as well. This will allow you to play with your friends across 2 platforms: Xbox & Windows 10.
- Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S now have the capability to run at 60 FPS.
- Xbox and Windows 10 users now have access to in-game voice chat
Animation, Art, & Audio
- Fixed an issue where the spark SFX was very loud when attacking a machine with melee weapons
- Fixed an issue where the player character could end up in an unintended pose while riding a bicycle
- [Community Reported] Fixed a rare crash that could occur when the player was riding a bike
- Fixed a rare crash where the player would crash when joining a MP game
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where players can loot machines indefinitely by leaving and rejoining the session
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where the reapers reinforcement was despawned prematurely after the reaper was destroyed
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where the reaper rival wouldn’t stop firing at the player
- Fixed an issue with machines not spawning if a client tries to start a mission while the host is away
- Fixed an issue where the reaper rival something wasn’t firing at the player if the player was already carrying this ammo type in its inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the reaper rival could sometimes be spawned underground
- [Assignments] Fixed an issue where blowing up a machine with a gas tank didn’t count towards the assignment goal.
- [Assignments] Fixed an issue where the “Destroy 5 cars” assignment didn’t progress
- [Assignments] Fixed an issue where destroying machines with landmines didn’t count towards the assignment goal.
- [Assignment] Fixed an issue where destroying a machine while it was distracted by a machine wasn’t counting towards the assignment goal.
- [Assignments] Fixed an issue where no progress was tracked on “Destroy 5 civilian fuel tanks”.
- [Assignments] Fixed an issue where no progress was tracked when recycling some items.
- Fixed an issue where long ammo names were clipping the hud
- Fixed multiple instances of text clipping in tutorials
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue with ammo for N60 and N16 couldn’t be found
- Fixed an issue where the drop rate for the U.S. Weapons was too low
- Fixed an issue when rapidly pressing the switch ammo button and removing the weapon from the quick slot, would make the weapon unusable
- Fixed an issue where the vision module would still be attached to the weapon when detaching the scope before the module
- Fixed an issue where shock ammo would stop working correctly after using it for a while
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck in a crevice in the mountain region
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where there was a hole in the bridge to Östervik that players could fall through and get stuck
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where the bike station at Boo Bruk wasn’t functional.
- [Community Reported] Fixed multiple issues where terrain had seam holes or tears
- Fixed an issue where loot can be looted from a safe without opening it
- Fixed invisible collision at Ånnagruvan
- Fixed an issue where loot pick up status wouldn’t save
- Fixed an issue where an Incorrect amount of materials was shown after trying to build the same structure again but not having enough resources
- Fixed an issue where the POI would no longer show on the map after the player died
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where The Rival named ‘The Invader of Tyvöleden’ was misspelled, referring to the area known as Tylöveden
- [Community Reported] Fixed an issue where the player wasn’t able to obtain the Archipelago collectible painting
- General crash fixes and stability fixes
- Fixed an issue where players could not join a multiplayer session via invite while in single player
- Fixed an issue where region level didn’t match between host and client
- Fixed an issue where canceling matchmaking and backing out to the main menu would result in a deadlock