Gran Turismo 6, the sixth installment in Polyphony’s long running series of authentic racing sim games, hit the PlayStation 3 last holiday season even as PlayStation 4 was launching. Polyphony has been exemplary in supporting the game since its launch, however, and today, they released a new update for the title, which brings us to version 1.07.
The new update includes a new BMW Vision Gran Turismo, additional features in the Open Lobby and new features that have been added to Replay and Watch Race modes. The full list of everything that this rather extensive update adds to the game is provided below, in Polyphony’s official patch notes:
Additional features in the Open Lobby
- Endurance Race has been added to the Room Mode option within Basic Settings of the Event Settings screen.
- Tyre/Fuel Depletion has been added to the Time Trial Settings options (“Off”, “Normal”, “Fast” or “Very Fast” can now be selected).
- Start Type has been added to the Race Settings for Qualifier, Time Trial and Drift Trial, allowing you to select from Final Corner Start or Pit Start.
- When Grid Start with False Start Check is selected in Race Settings, signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.
New features added to Replay and Watch Race modes
- Button controls can now be used to switch between Full View and Live Timing, turn the Driver List Display ON/OFF, switch the Information Display and change the target car.
- The Keyboard Switching Feature has been added. A USB keyboard can be used to switch the Information Display and to change the view.
Polyphony is apparently hard at work bringing a version of GT6 to the PS4, though these remain unsubstantiated rumors. Stay tuned to GamingBolt for more info either way.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)