Gran Turismo 7 has enjoyed success on both critical and commercial fronts since it launched earlier this month, but Polyphony Digital is still plugging away behind-the-scenes to iron out the lingering issues in the base experience. While we don’t yet know when post-launch content will begin dropping for the racing sim, it has regularly been getting patches– and another new one has arrived.
The highlight of patch 1.07 is the addition of a new Broadcast Mode, which will remove all music tracks from the game that could potentially trigger a copyright infringement notice while you’re streaming. The feature can be accessed from the “Sound Volume” section of the “Global” tab in the options menu. On top of that, various other bug fixes, gameplay tweaks, and adjustments have also been made. You can check out the full details in the patch notes below.
Gran Turismo 7 is available for PS5 and PS4.
Main Features Implemented
Added a [Broadcast Mode] option to the ‘Sound Volume’ settings within the ‘Global’ tab of the Options menu.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when selecting a Setting Sheet from the Quick Menu > [Car Settings] > [Detailed Settings] screen within ‘World Circuits’ while being in Offline Mode;
- Fixed an issue wherein copied Setting Sheets would disappear when the Car Settings were opened and closed;
- Fixed an issue wherein the Ford GT Race Car ’18 would only go into 1st gear when a ‘Fully Customisable Manual Transmission’ or a ’Fully Customisable Sequential Transmission’ were installed;
- Fixed an issue wherein cars would be considered ‘within regulation’ even though they did not meet the Balance of Performance (BoP) regulation.
- Fixed an issue wherein some Assist Settings, such as Auto-Drive, were able to be changed or saved even when ‘Limit Driving Options’ was set to ‘Prohibited.’
Missions & Licences
- Fixed an issue wherein the modified Assist Settings in some events would be saved and would not go back to the default value even after leaving the event.
- Fixed an issue wherein for some events the wind direction and speed display were set to 0.
Licences / Missions / Circuit Experiences
- Fixed an issue wherein the specified tyres would not be equipped on the vehicle for the following events:
- [A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- [IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- [IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- [S-5] One Lap Time Attack (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- The Magic Mountain: Jeep Night Safari (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Beyond the Horizon: Beginner Drifting 1, American Wilderness (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Rolling Stone: Beginner Drifting 2 (‘Comfort: Medium’ Tyres)
- Gone with the Wind: Divine moves on the Spa, Intermediate Drifting 2 (‘Racing: Heavy Wet’ Tyres)
- The Sun Also Rises: The White Winged Beast (‘Racing: Soft’ Tyres)
- Colorado Springs (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Fishermans Ranch (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Sardegna – Windmills (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
- Adjusted the rewards for events inside ‘World Circuits’ according to driving time and difficulty. The adjusted events are as follows:
- World Touring Car 800: 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit, Monza Circuit
- World Rally Challenge: Alsace Village
- Dirt Champions: Fisherman’s Ranch, Sardegna Windmills, Colorado Springs Lake
- GT Cup Gr.4: High Speed Ring, Brands Hatch GP Circuit
- GT Cup Gr.3: Spa Francorchamps, Suzuka Circuit, Autodrome Lago Maggiore. Full
- Clubman Cup Plus: High Speed Ring, Tsukuba Circuit, Goodwood
- American Clubman Cup 700: Special Stage Route X
- American FR Challenge 550: Blue Moon Bay Speedway, Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca, Willow Springs Raceway
- Fixed an issue wherein opening the Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List] of the Livery Editor would make all the applied decals disappear;
- Fixed an issue wherein the ‘Open Designs’ and ‘Styles’ of the Livery Editor could not be opened until the game was rebooted if the temporary data were deleted.
- Fixed an issue wherein on rare occasions an application error would occur when purchasing cars from ‘Brand Central’, ‘Used Cars’, and ‘Legendary Cars’, or when receiving a car as a prize.
Physics Simulation Model
- Adjusted the model to reduce the grip lost when cars with high downforce are passing over a kerbstone while cornering at its limit.
- Fixed several issues that would occur when there was not enough free space available for temporary data downloaded from the network:
- The ‘Used Cars’ lineup would not be displayed;
- The ‘News’ on the Title Screen would not be displayed;
- The ‘Styles’ could not be applied;
- Various other issues have been addressed.