Gran Turismo 7 hasn’t done an excellent job of retaining interest in the months since its launch, a lot of which is largely down to its issues with monetization and microtransactions, but developer Polyphony Digital has, nonetheless, been releasing frequent updates. While some, like the one a couple of weeks ago, bring new content with them, the newest patch, update 1.18, focuses mostly on big fixes and balancing changes.
One of the changes that the patch brings is specific to GT Cafe, where an exploit allowed players to receive Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus. That exploit has now been fixed. Other issues in GT Auto, Music Replay, and more have also been addressed, including one that prevented save data from being loaded properly. You can check out the full details on what update 1.18 brings and changes in the patch notes below.
Gran Turismo 7 is available on PS5 and PS4.
UPDATE 1.18 PATCH NOTES:
Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
- Fixed an issue wherein after changing to a specific gear ratio, the adjustable range and set value of the gear ratio would change each time the settings were opened.
2. Music Replay
- Fixed an issue wherein the game would crash if the Honda Sports VGT was the camera target in Music Replay.
3. GT Auto
- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers could not be changed if body paint was applied to a car equipped with the following tuning parts in the [Livery Editor]:
・ Racing Brake Kit (Slotted Discs)
・ Racing Brake Kit (Drilled Discs)
・ Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit
- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers would change when body paint was applied to the following cars in the [Livery Editor]:
・ Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
・ Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
・ Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo
・ Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
・ Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND
・ Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
4. Save Data
- Fixed an issue wherein the save data would not load correctly from the server if playing on a console with no ‘Gran Turismo 7’ save data stored on it, or if multiple consoles were used.
5. Steering Controllers
- Fixed an issue wherein the steering angle would not reflect the player’s inputs on some cars when using the Logitech G923.
- Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to receive multiple Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus.
7. Circuit Experience
- Fixed an issue wherein the label above a car would not display correctly in a Circuit Experience replay.
- Fixed an issue wherein the race would start with the Replay Camera when starting an offline race after spectating in a Lobby.
- Various other issues have been addressed.