343 Industries has revealed a lot of new information on Halo 4 Flood Mode and have also released a bunch of new screenshots which shows the infected Spartan IVs in action.
Halo 4’s Valhalla Map has been renamed to Ragnarock, and has been remastered as well. It looks gorgeous, don’t believe us? Check out the screenshots here.
“Flood is the spiritual successor to Infection, a fan-favorite game type from Halo 3 and Reach. Our goal was to recreate it and push the mode to be new and different from previous versions,” they wrote on their blog.
“As both War Games and Spartan Ops fit within the fiction of the UNSC Infinity, we wanted to use Halo fiction in this mode too, which led to us to create the Flood form in Multiplayer. Flood-converted humans are much faster and focus on melee attacks, so they were a natural fit for Infection’s successor.”
“Halo 4’s Flood mode is a round-based, ten-player game. It is a true asymmetric experience with the added twist of dynamic teams; this really changes things up as each game is different, especially in the incredibly intense and high-action final seconds.
“At the beginning of each round, two players spawn as Flood forms and eight players spawn as Survivors. Survivors are standard Spartans equipped with shotguns and magnums, while Flood move very quickly and can only use a melee attack.
“When a Survivor gets killed by a Flood, the Survivor will convert and respawn as a Flood. The round ends if a Survivor makes it to 3:00 or if all players are converted to Flood.”
343 has also detailed why the Flood Mode will be unique. You can check out the medal list below.
- The Flood Character Model: A unique character model for both first and third-person.
- The Claw: A special melee weapon tuned just for the Flood.
- Flood Armor Effect: A special effect that trails behind Flood characters.
- Flood Screen Effect: A first-person screen effect that shows the haunted view of a Flood.
- Dynamic Music: When playing as the Flood or final Survivor, dynamic music plays in the background to intensify the experience.
- Flood Gameplay Tuning: Flood move faster, react differently to bullets, and have specially tuned armor abilities, the core of which is an enhanced Flood Thrust Pack.
- The Floodsassination: How could we not?!
Flood Conversion: Convert a Spartan to the Flood
Alpha Conversion: Convert a Spartan to the Flood as an Alpha
Infector: Kill 2 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
Carrier: Kill 3 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
Juggernaut: Kill 4 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
Gravemind: Kill ALL Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
Flood Kill: Kill a Flood
Flood Kill Assist: Assist killing a Flood
Flood Hunter: Kill 4 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying
Flood Survivor: Kill 6 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying
Flood Exterminator: Kill 10 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying
Last Man Standing: Be the last surviving Spartan
Final Conversion: Kill the last remaining Spartan
Flood Victory: Contribute to the Flood total conversion of all Spartans
Ancient One: Survive the entire round as a Flood and convert at least one Spartan
Clever: Survive the entire round as a Spartan