It’s amazing what a mod can to for the sales of a game, innit? Yeah, I’m talking about the Day-Z mod for Arma 2, which is a three year old game. Guess what? It has topped the Steam sales chart for the week ending on May 19.
Skyrim follows it and has been on the charts for a long time now. It, too, has splendid mod support and for the PC platform that can be such a rejuvenating thing.
Torchlight 2 is at no. 3 and the pre-orders for that game are doing quite good. Diablo 3 just came out, so the interest for that game should be pretty high as well.
Check out the top 10 charts below, provided by Valve (via MCV).
- Arma II: Combined Operations
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Torchlight II
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 1
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Assassins Creed Pack
- Portal 2
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Sniper Elite V2
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Complete Pack
- Dear Esther and Rayman Origins
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.