There are lots of fun activities you can do in Hogwarts Legacy, and animal breeding is one of them. Although bred animals don’t grow old and all of them have the same selling price (irrespective of rarity, color, size, species, etc.), hunting them down is still quite enjoyable. This guide contains the locations of all 13 beasts, along with the prerequisites required to unlock them. Happy hunting!
How to tame beasts in Hogwarts Legacy
- You’ll learn how to tame beasts during The Elf, the Nab-sack and the Loom main quest. The house elf Neek shows you how to capture magical beasts and nurture them in Vivariums.
- You can find them roaming near beast dens, each containing one to four creatures. To tame the beast, you’ll have to equip the Nab-sack and begin the process. Once the nab-sack is activated, keep pressing the required key until the circle fills up, at which you’ll have successfully tamed the beast.
- You can also use spells like Glacius and Leviosa to prevent the beasts from escaping during the taming process.
List of Beasts in Hogwarts Legacy
|Diricawl||Diricawl Feather||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Fwooper||Fwooper Feather||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Giant Purple Toad||Toad Warts||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Graphorn||Graphorn Horns||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Hippogriff||Hippogriff Feather||Complete main quest – San Bakar’s Trial|
|Jobberknoll||Jobberknoll Feather||Complete main quest – The High Keep|
|Kneazle||Kneazle Fur||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Mooncalf||Mooncalf Fur||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Niffler||Niffler Fur||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Phoenix||Phoenix Feather||Complete main quest – Phoenix Rising|
|Puffskein||Puffskein Fur||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
|Unicorn||Unicorn Hair||Complete main quest – The Elf, the Nab-sack an the Loom|
Hogwarts Legacy Beast Locations
North Ford Bod Beast Locations
Two Giant Purple Toad dens in the northernmost region. One of them is in between a cliff and river and the other close to a cliff in the opposite direction.
Forbidden Forest Beast Locations
Deep within the Forbidden Forest, you’ll find two Mooncalf dens, one Jobberknoll den, one Giant Toad den, one Puffskein den and one Unicorn den.
North Hogwarts Region Beast Locations
The North Hogwarts region only has a Niffler den located near the river/stream, right in the middle of the camp.
South Hogwarts Region Beast Locations
The South Hogwarts region only has three beast dens. The Giant Purple Toad den directly lies near the water, on a small cliff directly to the east. The Puffskein den lies towards the north, but some distance away from the lake. Finally you can find Mooncalf den towards the west of the region, near the mountains.
Hogwarts Valley Beast Locations
Like Feldcroft, Hogwarts Valley is also home to several beasts, but they are quite spread out. In the south-west part of the forest you’ll find the Fwooper den, and the Diricawl den is located directly on top of it, slightly towards the right. The Niffler den lies across the river, directly opposite to the Diricawl den. For the remaining two dens keep traveling north-east while hugging the mountain. You’ll first come across a Kneazle den, and then Puffskein den.
Feldcroft Region Beast Locations
Feldcroft is home to quite a lot of beasts. Starting from north-west you have the Puffskein den, Fooper den, the Mooncalf den, and finally the Niffler den, all along the shoreline. The Jobberknoll den is located further into the valley.
South Sea Bog Beast Locations
The South Sea Bog only consists of one Giant Purple Toad den and one Kneazle den, both close to the water bodies.
Poidsear Cost Beast Locations
The dens in Poisdear Coast are also spread apart. The Hippogriff den is close to the water, while the Fwooper den and the Niffler den are close to the mountains.
Marunween Lake Beast Locations
Almost all of the beast den locations in Marunween Lake are located close to the water. You’ll find one Diricawl den, one Giant Purple Toad den, one Jobberknoll den, and one Kneazle den near the lake.
Manor Cape Beast Locations
The beast dens in Manor Cape are all spread out along the peninsula-like region. The Puffskein den is close to the mainland, while the Jobberknoll den, Niffler den, and Hippogriff den are located further down the peninsula-like region, where it’s connected to another landmass via a narrow stretch of land.
Cragcroftshire Beast Locations
The beast dens in Cragcroftshire are quite far apart. You’ll find one Kneazle den, one Jobberknoll den, and one Niffler den.
Clagmar Coast Beast Locations
The Clagmar Coast has one Fwooper den, one Kneazle den, two Diricawl dens, one Graphorn den, and one Kneazle den.
How to Breed Beasts in Hogwarts Legacy
Breeding and selling beasts is a nice way to earn some gold in Hogwarts Legacy. Here is a quick guide to breeding beasts that’ll help you get started right away:
- Complete the side quest – Foal of the Dead. You can activate the quest by visiting the Room of Requirement and talking to Deek.
- Now get yourself a breeding pen from Tomes and Scrolls. It’ll cost 1,000 gold galleons.
- Return to the Vivariums and use a Conjuration spell to place the breeding pen.
- Interact with the pen and choose the beasts you want to breed. Once that’s done, you’ll have to wait 30 minutes for the eggs to hatch.
- In case you have multiples of each gender, you can choose which pairs you want to breed. To do so, interact with the breeding pen and hover of the beasts you want to breed. Now press the ‘Choose breeding pair’ button.
- Select the pair you want to breed and wait for the egg to hatch. Note that in Hogwarts Legacy, the offspring do not grow. They’ll remain young forever and the only way to profit from them is to sell them for parts.
How to get Shiny Beasts in Hogwarts Legacy
In addition to the regular version of beasts, you can also find shiny beasts in Hogwarts Legacy. They are often marked with a star next to their names, and it’s the easiest way to identify them. Shiny beasts have a different color, but that’s not a good way to identify them since the beasts already come in many different colors. Here is a surefire way to hunt for shiny beasts in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Travel to any of the magical dens mentioned above.
- Search for shiny beasts. If you can’t find any, then capture all the beasts to reset the den.
- Open your map and change the time of the day by tapping the Right Analog Stick (controller) or F (PC).
- Create a new save file.
- Load the manual save and search the den for shiny beasts.
- Repeat until you find a shiny beast. One usually appears in 2-5 searches, but there aren’t any guarantees. They might appear sooner or later.
How to Summon More Beasts in Vivariums?
In order to summon more magical beasts, you’ll have to finish Deek’s quest line. Each Vivarium can hold up to sixteen beasts and four species, and completing a quest unlocks one Vivarium. Here is a list of all the quests in the Deek’s quest line:
- The Elf, the nab-sack, and the Loom
- The Piglight of the house-elf
- Foal of the Dead
- Phoenix Rising
Can you sell beasts in Hogwarts Legacy?
Yes, you can sell beasts in Hogwarts Legacy. All of them have the exact same price when it comes to selling. It doesn’t matter if it’s rare, big, or shiny. If it’s a beast, it’ll sell for 120 galleons.
You can sell beasts at the Brood and Peck, and the feature becomes available once you complete The Elf, the Nab-sack and the Loom main quest.
Can you extract beast parts and sell them individually in Hogwarts Legacy?
No, you cannot sell individual animal parts in the game. You can only sell the animal as a whole. However, you can buy different animal parts from the store.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)