Kirby and the Forgotten Land debuted on top of Famitsu’s weekly charts for software and hardware sales in Japan when it launched a month ago, and it’s held on to the top spot without too much competition from elsewhere since then. In the newest charts, the 3D platformer is still in pole position, having sold over 38,000 units last week.
A couple of new releases did break it into the top 10 though, with the newly-released Nintendo Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim being the most significant of them all. It comes in at second place with over 27,000 units sold. That’s not too far behind what the game sold on the PS4 when it originally launched in Japan back in 2019, when it managed over 34,000 copies sold upon release. Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo’s Winning Post 9 2022 takes two spots in the top 10, with the Switch version taking No. 4 and the PS4 version slotting in at sixth place. Collectively, the two versions sold over 22,000 units.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch is, once again, comfortably the best-selling console for the week, with all of its variants collectively selling a little over 60,000 units. The PS5 trails by quite some margin with over 11,000 units sold.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending April 17 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 38,234 (589,200)
- [NSW] 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim – 27,199 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13,137 (4,567,753)
- [NSW] Winning Post 9 2022 – 12,704 (New)
- [NSW] Battle Spirits: Connected Battlers – 10,764 (New)
- [PS4] Winning Post 9 2022 – 9,421 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 9,141 (2,604,603)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 6,643 (4,847,161)
- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 6,444 (2,223,120)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 5,064 (3,122,541)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 60,289 (61,162)
- PS5 – 11,259 (11,224)
- Xbox Series X/S – 5,742 (4,068)