Defense is the best offense, and the same goes for Like a Dragon: Ishin!. For most of the early game, anything you pick up during encounters is a viable choice. However, as you approach the mid-late game, there are a few gears that are capable of carrying you through the rest of the story.
Each piece of armor supports a specific playstyle, so your setup might not match our list, and that’s ok. Everyone has a unique playstyle, and during testing, we found these gears best supported ours. You can either use this for reference, or build an exact replica, it’s up to you. Let’s begin!
Best Armor in Like a Dragon: Ishin!
Best Head Armor
Defense (Initia/Max) – 11/22
Crafting Requirements – 1x Iron Hachigane, 15x Vermillion Fabric, 1x Eye of the Dragon, 10x Fine Silk Fabric
- The Dragon Emblem offers superior defense stats and reduced heat gauge consumption, allowing for faster execution of special attacks.
- With the added benefit of a gauge gain boost at low health, the Dragon Emblem becomes the ideal gear for difficult scenarios where powerful enemies require multiple powerful attacks to take down.
Best Body Armor
Defense (Initia/Max) – 15/35
Crafting Requirements – 1x Blade-Proof Breastplate, 10x Vermillion Cloth, 5x Beautiful Silk Fabric, 1x Glossy Doll
- The Purgatory has the highest defense stats among all armors and can reflect damage to enemies.
- While it is the best armor for raw defense, some players may opt for other armors with unique features, such as the Loincloth, the Brawler’s Binding, or the Celestial Garb.
Defense (Initia/Max) – 12/30
Crafting Requirements – 1x Steel Gauntlet, 10x Vermillion Cloth, 1x Ancient Amulet, 5x Beautiful Silk Fabric
Special Effects – Highest defense of all gauntlets
- The Solid Team gauntlet offers the highest defense among all gauntlets and is a superb option suitable for most scenarios.
- For those seeking additional features, the Iron Gauntlets can guard against bladed weapons, while the Hidden Blade Gauntlets provides 5% Damage Reflection.