The main appeal of any Madden game is Ultimate Team Mode or MUT in this case. Madden NFL 20 is no different. How do you get ahead though? Let’s take a look at some basic tips here. Make sure to check out our handy guide here for farming up coins as well.
First off, when selecting a team, go with one that has a balanced playbook. Once your Ultimate Team career gets rolling, PowerUp cards will be provided and they be used to level up players. So however your star player is, focus on leveling him first and foremost. Avoid wasting money on card packs in the early going.
You can also level up players in Training Mode. Look for the Missions tab and locate the option for Challenges. Completing enough challenges will net you coins. Solo battles are also available and can be played in three sets for the week. There are 14 difficulty options in total and the harder the opponent, the more the rewards.
Then there’s MUT Champions. Taking place on the weekend, it offers 25 games in total. Depending on your performance, you can obtain better rewards. MUT Squads can be played with friends and offers 3v3 and 2v2 games. Finally, the Draft has choosing a draft deck and competing against others with their own draft decks.
There are several types of currencies to manage from Coins to Trophies earned from solo and head to head games. You can also earn currency through training and cards can be sold for the same (which can be used to acquire packs).
Familiarize yourself with the Auction House – it’s a great source for picking up cards but can also be used to flip cards for more coins. Card prices are generally cheaper in the nighttime so browser around then. Also, make sure to be patient with bids – wait for a good offer before giving away a card for coins. Keep in mind that upgrading a player card will prevent it from being sold in the Auction House. Finding the cards you want to keep and upgrade thus becomes more important.
Playing through the game will unlock different cards which you can subsequently sell. The Item Binder is fairly useful in this regard since it keeps track of your cards and other items owned. Visit the Team Bar when you want to change player positions, strategies and whatnot.
Madden NFL 20 MUT Pack Prices
Since Packs are so important for Ultimate Team, it’s important to know what you’re getting. Packs can be purchased with Coins earned in-game or Points which are purchased with real money. Here are all the packs you can purchase in Madden NFL 20:
- Get A Player – Chance for 62+ Silver or better player (500 Coins)
- Get A Gold Player – Chance for 70+ Gold or better player (5,000 Coins or 100 Points)
- Gridiron Pack – Chance for 75+ Gold or better player, three more 70+ Gold or better players, and two more 62+ Silver or better players (500 Points)
- Superstars Pack – Chance for a 77+ Gold or better Superstar player, one more 66+ Silver or better player, and three more 62+ Silver or better players (18,000 Coins or 300 Points)
- All-Pro Pack – Chance for two 75+ Gold or better players, one more 70+ Gold or better player, one more 66+ Silver or better players, and three more 62+ Silver or better players (30,000 Coins or 500 Points)
- Clutch Pack – Chance for one 80+ Elite player, and five more 62+ Silver or better players (40,000 Coins or 700 Points)
- Elite Player Pack – Chance for an 80+ Elite player, two more 70+ Gold or better players, two more 66+ Silver or better players, and two more 62+ Silver or better players (50,000 Coins or 900 Points)
- Legends Fantasy Pack – Choose from three Silver or better players, two more Gold or better players, and one more 83+ Elite player. An 81+ OVR Legend player is guaranteed (120,000 Coins or 1,500 Points)
It’s also possible to purchase bundles of cards. You probably noticed that the packs offer a “chance” at obtaining certain ranked players. What are the odds of, say, obtaining a Gold 72+ player from a Get A Player pack? Let’s take a look at the probabilities below:
- Get A Player Pack Odds: Silver 62+ (100 percent), Silver 66+ (31 percent), Gold 70+ (7.8 percent), Gold 72+ (3.1 percent)
- Get A Gold Player Pack Odds: Gold 70+ (100 percent), Gold 75+ (35 percent), Elite 80+ (9 percent), Elite 82+ (4.3 percent)
- Gridiron Pack Odds: Gold 75+ (100 percent), Elite 80+ (39 percent), Elite 83+ (13 percent), Elite 85+ (5.2 percent)
- Superstars Pack Odds: Gold 77+ (100 percent), Elite 80+ (16 percent), Elite 83+ (15 percent), Elite 85+ (4.9 percent)
- All-Pro Pack Odds: Gold 75+ (100 percent), Elite 80+ (42 percent), Elite 83+ (14 percent), Elite 85+ (5.2 percent)
- Clutch Pack Odds: Elite 80+ (100 percent), Elite 82+ (45 percent), Elite 84+ (18 percent), Elite 86+ (5.8 percent)
- Elite Player Pack Odds: Elite 80+ (100 percent), Elite 83+ (33 percent), Elite 85+ (12 percent), Elite 87+ (3.4 percent)
- Legends Fantasy Pack Odds: Elite 83+ (100 percent), Elite 85+ (20 percent), Elite 87+ (7.2 percent), Elite 88+ (3.7 percent)