Nintendo delivered a lot of impressive sales figures during their recent quarterly financial briefing, such as the Switch’s worldwide shipment figures now standing at over 61 million units, and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition selling over 1.3 million units within a month of launch. At the same time, as they always do, they have also updated sales figures for other first party Switch releases, and it seems the vast majority of them have continued selling very well, hitting new milestones.
The biggest winner is Animal Crossing: New Horizons, of course, which has immediately jumped almost to the top of the Switch’s sales charts with over 22.4 million copies sold. However, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still has a hold on the top spot for now, and actually sold nearly 2 million units during the previous quarter, taking its sales up to 26.74 million units. At its current pace, it may very well overtake Mario Kart Wii (over 37 million units) as the highest selling game in the series. In fact, if the sales of the base Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U are accounted for as well, it’s within touching distance of doing that with cumulative sales of over 35 million units.
Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is almost at the 20 million mark, with total sales standing at 19.99 million units. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold over a million units last quarter, taking its lifetime sales on the Switch to 18.6 million units. Pokemon Sword and Shield, which stood at 17.37 million units at the end of the previous quarter, has now sold 18.22 million units, making it the third highest selling Pokemon game, overtaking Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.
You can check out the Switch’s top 10 best-selling first party exclusives and their sales figures as of June 30 below. To compare these numbers with figures provided at the end of the previous fiscal quarter, head on over here.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 26.74 million units
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 22.40 million units
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 19.99 million units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 18.60 million units
- Pokemon Sword and Shield – 18.22 million units
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.06 million units
- Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.60 million units
- Super Mario Party – 10.94 million units
- Splatoon 2 – 10.71 million units
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 7.44 million units
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)