Minecraft Dungeons Guide – How to Obtain Artifacts and All Artifact Powers
Artifacts are literal game-changers – here’s what they can do.
Given how streamlined everything is in Minecraft Dungeons, you’ll want to keep a close eye on your Artifacts. These provide different abilities, each with their own cooldown timers, and can range from increased defense and movement speed to shooting fire arrows. Some Artifacts can synergize with different gear (and each other) for devastating results – like stacking +1 Soul Gathering for Artifact abilities that require souls to use.
You’ll find Artifacts as random drops from foes, after completing different levels and within chests. There are three slots for Artifacts on your character – simply drop an Artifact in a slot and you gain its abilities. Since all items contribute to the overall Power of your character, equipping a higher Power Artifact will raise your Power level. It’s also worth noting that certain Artifact effects will become stronger at higher Power levels. Unfortunately, you can’t upgrade Artifacts – higher Power versions can only be obtained at random.
Here are nearly all of the Artifacts in the game along with their respective abilities and cooldown timers.
- Boots of Swiftness – Increases movement speed. Cooldown is 5 seconds.
- Corrupted Beacon – Unleashes a powerful beam to damage enemies with no cooldown but requires souls (dropped from dead foes) to fire. Adds +1 to Soul Gathering when equipped.
- Death Cap Mushroom – Movement and attack speed is greatly increased. Cooldown is 30 seconds.
- Fireworks Arrow – Shoot a fireworks arrow which explodes upon hitting an enemy. Cooldown is 30 seconds.
- Fishing Rod – Hook a nearby enemy, which also stuns them, to your position. Cooldown is 5 seconds.
- Flaming Quiver – Provides 7 Burning Arrows when equipped. Cooldown is 30 seconds.
- Ghost Cloak – Allows for briefly phasing through enemies with increased speed. Cooldown time is 6 seconds.
- Harvester – Unleashes souls in an explosion. Needs souls from dead enemies to work but provides +1 Soul Gathering. 1 second cooldown.
- Iron Hide Amulet – Significantly increases defense for a short period of time. Cooldown is 25 seconds.
- Light Feather – Allows for tumbling through the air. Enemies are stunned and pushed back. Cooldown time is 3 seconds.
- Lightning Rod – Use souls to bring down lightning on enemies. Requires souls from dead foes but provides +1 Soul Gathering. No cooldown time.
- Love Medallion – Converts enemies into allies which deal increased damage for 10 seconds. Cooldown time is 30 seconds.
- Shock Powder – Can stun enemies close by. Cooldown time is 15 seconds.
- Soul Healer – Provides instant healing to a heavily wounded ally. Can also apply to self. Depending on the Artifact’s Power, the amount and range of healing is increased. Require souls from dead enemies to work. The more the number of souls, the more healing applied. Provides +1 to Soul Gathering and a 1 second cooldown.
- Tasty Bone – Summon a wolf to fight alongside you in battle. Cooldown is 30 seconds. Wolf’s damage is increased depending on Artifact power.
- Torment Quiver – Fire arrows that knock back enemies and can also phase through walls. Requires souls from dead foes to work. Provides +1 to Soul Gathering and has a 1 second cooldown.
- Totem of Regeneration – Create an aura that heals you and any allies within it. Cooldown is 25 seconds.
- Totem of Shielding – Creates a dome that causes enemy projectiles to bounce off. Cooldown timer is 20 seconds.
- Wind Horn – Uses wind to push back enemies and slow them. Can also push blocks. Cooldown is 10 seconds.
- Wonderful Wheat – Summon a llama to fight alongside you. Cooldown time is 30 seconds.