Monster Hunter World Upcoming Weapon Changes Revealed
The March 22nd patch will have a number of buffs for most weapon types.
On March 22nd, Capcom’s Monster Hunter World will be receiving a fairly sizable patch. Along with adding Deviljho to the Ancient Forest for players to hunt, there will be significant changes to almost all weapons.
For those worried about excessive nerfs, don’t be – there are mostly buffs all around. The Great Sword will see increased damage for its Charged Slash abilities. The Long Sword will see its Foresight Clash improved for better input timing and hitbox detection. As for the Dual Blades, there will be adjustments to help keep Demon Gauge active.
Some of the changes could be perceived as nerfs – the Charge Blade is receiving adjustments to balance the Impact Phial and Power Element Phial. There are also no adjustments for the Light and Heavy Bowguns. Regardless, this is a pretty nice patch – especially when you consider that it will prevent players from interrupting your carving animations after the quest has been completed. Check out the full list of changes below:
Weapon Balance Changes
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
- Bow: fixed various bugs
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.